Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

boost questions??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boost questions??

I have the v390 loaded in my xede and my mods are listed below in my signature. my question is the stock boost on an 04 VIII i heard should be like 19psi my question is does the v390 raise the psi because if so im reading like sometimes 20psi max. my other question is when i get on it in like 3rd gear starting at like 3,000rpms i will hit what looks like maybe 20.5 or 21psi and then i get boost cut its really annoying and happens all the time, is there a way i can make that stop? I know my motor can handle more than 20psi and im wanting to bump it up to like 23psi or so but its not possible because i keep hiting this boost cut.

thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodrivesme
I have the v390 loaded in my xede and my mods are listed below in my signature. my question is the stock boost on an 04 VIII i heard should be like 19psi my question is does the v390 raise the psi because if so im reading like sometimes 20psi max. my other question is when i get on it in like 3rd gear starting at like 3,000rpms i will hit what looks like maybe 20.5 or 21psi and then i get boost cut its really annoying and happens all the time, is there a way i can make that stop? I know my motor can handle more than 20psi and im wanting to bump it up to like 23psi or so but its not possible because i keep hiting this boost cut.

thanks.

Im hitting boost cut (at least I think I am hitting boost cut) at ANY psi with a mbc?? At 80% throttle I don't get boost cut...I DO get a some hesitation though from 5500rpm to 6500rpm. This hesitaion also occurs at WOT before boost cut. I have no vac leaks (confirmed)... I truly can't figure this one out!?!?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
You need to get a Xflash to get rid of the boost/fuel cut. It cost a 100$ from vishnu. Or use ECUFlash to get rid of the cut.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

why do i pay like 800 for an xede unit and have to give them another 100 just to make my **** work correctly. so stupid man.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by evodrivesme
why do i pay like 800 for an xede unit and have to give them another 100 just to make my **** work correctly. so stupid man.
you could probably use this forum to find a member with a 1.3 openport cable that lives near you, and could maybe use it to take off your fuel/boost cut.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

ya i found 1 guy in philly hasnt responded back yet though. arnt really that many evos out where i am. where can i buy this cable? if someone explains to me what to do i could prolly just do it myself.