Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Getting ready!! AMS 2.3/HKS280's/Methanol Inj! Have Q's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting ready!! AMS 2.3/HKS280's/Methanol Inj! Have Q's

I got the injectors, "scaled" the Flashed ECU, have the Xede box hooked up, and now I am ready (tomorrow) to fire it up. How do I drive it around without blowing it up, (From lack of current tune). Is there any Maps/tables I need to "tweak"? can someone shed some light on this? I will get my tune soon, but MAN!!! I want to drive the car. Should I drive with the stock/scaled ECU? Or do I mess with the other tables in the XEDE???? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I am not taking the car to the track, until tuned, but I would like to do some 1/2 - 3/4 boost runs. I have the methanol OFF and not in use until I tune it, unless someone has a "generic" meth map. I have V390, NO SMART! thanks again.

P.S. GREAT THANKS to Dustin/Shiv for getting the box out and back to me in 1 DAY!!! My hats off to you guys!!!
Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can't you get an XEDE "stroker" map from someone like Smogrunner that'll get you running around until you get your own custom map? Till then keep the boost level way down and you should be fine as the ECU is compensating in closed loop. Monitor your AFR's and O2 voltages as well.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Can't you get an XEDE "stroker" map from someone like Smogrunner that'll get you running around until you get your own custom map? Till then keep the boost level way down and you should be fine as the ECU is compensating in closed loop. Monitor your AFR's and O2 voltages as well.
Thanks Sparky, now I have to find smoggy!! Is he still using the Xede?
Old Aug 5, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I read he was doing everything with just the stock ECU to prove the point that it's not the ECU that limits what you can do...
Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
Last I read he was doing everything with just the stock ECU to prove the point that it's not the ECU that limits what you can do...
Thats what I thought. good to hear from you again also!!