Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu Flash for the evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vishnu Flash for the evo 9

I have heard that the Ecutech that you flash locks the ECU out to anyone included, so if a flash comes out for the ecu or they try to do anything with it you are screwed. Is this true? Also are you ever going to sell a openecu flash so that we can tune it ourself?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

As far as I know it is true that ECUtech locks the ECU and only the person with the key can unlock...meaning it locks a Mitsu tech out as well. Using OpenECU to tune is all fine and well but why would you want to change a flash that was already tuned by a pro...unless Im misreading that. Am I correct in thinking that your thinking of EFlash from Dynoflash? My thoughts would be to let someone like Shiv, that knows what they are doing, tune the car and not mess with it yourself unless there is sufficient knowledge of the entire workings of the car. Messing with a tune unless you really know whats going on sounds like a bad idea to me. Shiv tuned my car and as much as Id like to learn tuning there is no way Id ever touch it...because its an amazing tune and I couldn't be happier with it.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

I would love for Shiv to send me a openecu flash that I can load myself so I can go back to stock myself if needed and not have to send my ECU around the world. I would even pay the 750$ charge for a tune.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Good point, I forgot about the going back to stock part. I have no problem paying the $750 for a tune when my car came out as good as it did. People always ask me why I spent so much to get the car tuned. I explain it to them or I take them for a ride and that gets them to realize....you get what you pay for. Absolutely zero regrets on the spending the money.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

price per HP is quite a value with the Vishnu tune.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
price per HP is quite a value with the Vishnu tune.
I picked up just under 50 hp with my tune...from 226 - 270 in 90+ degree weather with no sign of knock. The torque really made me happy too, from 230 to 280. What more can I say besides Shiv = win
Old Aug 7, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

aww shucks [blush]