Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu V400 and P0304 SES light

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vishnu V400 and P0304 SES light

Hi I have a 2006 MR and it has a Turbo XS Turboback exhaust with a Works HFC and dynotuned by Shiv...basically the V400 package with boost emulator. Anyways it has been on there for about 15k miles and works great but lately I have had a miss at idle and it idles a little rough, better with the AC on though. But just last week I have been throwing the P0304 code with is Cyl 4 misfire. That would explain the miss at idle but it has me concerned. I went and put 4 brand new OEM laser iridium plugs in it and even ran some Seafoam threw my gas tank but it did not help much. So is it the flash causing this or is possibly a injector going out or a coil pack. The only thing that leads me to believe injector is there is a little dirt where the #4 injector is so could it be leaking or going bad? I am sceptical about taking it to a dealer and having them screw something else up or flashing my ecu back to stock. I also bought a Tactrix cable but I am not sure at what to look at on my logs that would indicate anything important. I have only owned the car a little over 1 week so I need help please. Any advise or if anybody else has experienced this problem help me.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
check the gap on your plugs it should be .26
are the plugs the oem ones?
also try some new cables maybe they are dying what mileage do you have?

Last edited by jrsimon27; Jul 7, 2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Plugs are pregapped when you buy them (which was about .024) and yes they were OEM. My car just turned 24k miles also, 2.5k which I have owned. I am not sure if the tune can somehow be upgraded for this but I have found that some others have had this problem. I am down to the tune, wires, coil pack, fuel injector or rail assembly. Going to swap the coil packs and wires from a friends evo that works to see if that fixes it or not but my hunch is they are fine. Any other suggestions ideas are highly appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for ya.. I have the v400 flash with no CEL's. Give Vishnu a call a see what they recommend.