EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vishnu Performance - California (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vishnu-performance-california-85/)
-   -   P0300 Random Misfire (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vishnu-performance-california/56193-p0300-random-misfire.html)

DynoKing Dec 26, 2003 06:03 PM

P0300 Random Misfire

Shiv, I just wanted to know if the xflash fixes this error I have to clear every week. Also I know a lot of others who are getting this error with your xede. Just wanted to make sure some kind of fix is in the works because having a CEL every week is not what I signed up for.

shiv@vishnu Dec 26, 2003 06:06 PM

Re: P0300 Random Misfire

Originally posted by DynoKing
Shiv, I just wanted to know if the xflash fixes this error I have to clear every week. Also I know a lot of others who are getting this error with your xede. Just wanted to make sure some kind of fix is in the works because having a CEL every week is not what I signed up for.
Did you check your spark plug gap and/or set them to .024-.025"? That should take care of the misfire code. Xflash won't have any affect on CEL/OBD-II diagnostics.

Shiv

DynoKing Dec 26, 2003 06:22 PM

Re: Re: P0300 Random Misfire

I will gap the plugs. Now how do I get to them. :lol: :apimp:

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

Did you check your spark plug gap and/or set them to .024-.025"? That should take care of the misfire code. Xflash won't have any affect on CEL/OBD-II diagnostics.

Shiv

DynoKing Dec 26, 2003 06:35 PM

Maybe I need to take some AutoMech classes so that I can get this xede working right. :spit:

SAEVO Dec 27, 2003 02:48 PM

What other problems are guys having with there XEDE? I still have mine sitting in box for I guess 3 months now, just waiting for a dyno tune. I would love to hear all the problems with the XEDE so I can get them all ironed out.
thanks

rallyred Dec 27, 2003 07:52 PM

got my turbo back from vishnu last week no cat getting a cel now is this a common prob? and wondering how much longer on the exced ?

shiv@vishnu Dec 27, 2003 08:07 PM

Throwing the check engine light after installing a cat-less exhaust is to be expected.

As for the misfire code, does anyone in the local area (northern CA) get this code? The reason I'm asking is that I have the new firmware update for the idle fix which has been working just fine on my car for the last couple of weeks. I'm beginning to think that the idle blip is the cause for the misfire code that some folks are getting. Especially those in cold climates.

Anyone care to volunteer trying out the new firmware update before I ask everyone to send their XEDEs back for the update? Preferably someone who is experiencing both the idle pops as well as the misfire code, of course.

Shiv

SAEVO Dec 28, 2003 12:18 AM

first off nice times, make that awesome times and trap speed at the track. I wish I could be the one to test it out. I still need to get me XEDE tuned/installed though.
So there are no other problems other than these, and they seem to be connected?? So with the new "firmware update" and proper gap of the plugs there should be no other probsafter install?

jfh Dec 28, 2003 04:07 PM

Originally posted by SAEVO
first off nice times, make that awesome times and trap speed at the track. I wish I could be the one to test it out. I still need to get me XEDE tuned/installed though.
So there are no other problems other than these, and they seem to be connected?? So with the new "firmware update" and proper gap of the plugs there should be no other probsafter install?

I don't know where you are from or what octace gas you have access to, I am on the east coast and use 93 Octane. I installed my Xede Stage Zero back in May and have never had a CEL. I added cam gears and first new firmware upgrade in September and no CELs. I just installed cams and I'm using generic 91 ocatne Stage 1+ map and still no CELs.

Shiv is coming back to the East coast in January to tune the 93 Octane Stage 1+ maps which will then be available for download.

I would install it now if I were you.

jman425 Dec 28, 2003 08:16 PM

I got the same code today (pending) but no CEL... just happened to be playing with my OBDII scanner. First time I've encountered this code, so I reset it and will be rechecking in a few days. Btw, gaps were just checked last week.

DynoKing Dec 28, 2003 09:32 PM

You are lucky, I get the p0300 about 1 time a week as well as many others, is it a big deal? No not at all I just want to have a fix for it. I will call Vishnu tomorrow and see what this fix is. Also I did not gap my plugs but will. Also there are people here with the Dynoflash as well as the SAFC that get this code so I think it is something a lot of people get once they up the power.

Originally posted by jfh

I don't know where you are from or what octace gas you have access to, I am on the east coast and use 93 Octane. I installed my Xede Stage Zero back in May and have never had a CEL. I added cam gears and first new firmware upgrade in September and no CELs. I just installed cams and I'm using generic 91 ocatne Stage 1+ map and still no CELs.

Shiv is coming back to the East coast in January to tune the 93 Octane Stage 1+ maps which will then be available for download.

I would install it now if I were you.

cjb Dec 29, 2003 01:18 PM

I get that code as well. Mine is not from idle though... It seems to happen when I drive the car for an extended period of time at highway speeds, then do something like a 4th gear pass at WOT.

I have checked the gap on the plugs about 4k miles ago, and I wasn't getting it anymore. That is, till this weekend with a trip down to So Cal on Highway 5. I got it once on the way up, and once on the way back. Both times after a WOT pass in 4th gear.

I'm going to check the gaps on the plugs and see if they are still within spec. I'm not exactly sure what else the cause could be.

Btw, I took my Evo into a local dealer, and they cleared the code and said that it was nothing to worry about. Nice technical support...

<Edit>
That is I took it to them after it happened the first time. I knew what the code was, but wanted to see if there was anything "insightful" that the service department would be able to tell me...
</Edit>

-CJ

Ryanmcd3 Jan 22, 2004 01:58 PM

Any update on the p0300 CEL light with the firmware?

jsotican Jan 22, 2004 02:43 PM

Guys:

The 300 misfire code has nothing to do with Vishnu, XEDE or XFlash.

Mitusbishi issued a Technical Bulletin earlier this month regarding 300 code for intermittent misfire.

The jist of the bulletin is that there is an error in the OBD-II prgramming that Mitsu is trying to come up with a fix for.

Contact your local dealer for an update.

Regards,
JS

Ryanmcd3 Jan 22, 2004 03:19 PM

I just talked to someone at Mitsu and they said that if I go up there the can change the sensitivity of the code, they said when they clear the code it asks if you wish to decrease the sensitivity or increase it and he said he will decrease it. Also he said that it takes 120 misfires for the CEL to come on but that can happen in a second or two.