Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Aquamist HFS-1 system: Official Q&A...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New question. Since I am injecting methanol in to the intake air, doesn't this mean that everything in the car that runs off of boost/vacuum is going to get a methanol bath now? I ask this because my boost gauge sending unit is leaking and it got me thinking, can meth damage the factory vacuum systems like the brake booster, fuel pressure regulator etc...?
Old Oct 6, 2007, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zl1560
Is there any way to make the low level float only turn on the low level light and not turn off the system when tripped? I just want to use it as a low level indicator and not a failsafe. Thanks.
wondering if you ever figured out a way. I mounted my low level float a little high because I thought only the light would trigger and that way I'd have a good amount of fluid left before refilling.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 03:55 AM
Former Sponsor

This link will show you how this can be achieved: post#357

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...253455&page=24
Old Oct 6, 2007, 04:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zl1560;
New question. Since I am injecting methanol in to the intake air, doesn't this mean that everything in the car that runs off of boost/vacuum is going to get a methanol bath now? I ask this because my boost gauge sending unit is leaking and it got me thinking, can meth damage the factory vacuum systems like the brake booster, fuel pressure regulator etc...?
It is less likely that all your parts are drenched in methanol if the system is only injecting during boost, most fluid is carried by the high speed air into the cylinders.

Avoid system without a "flow" shut-off solenoid valve, it tends to dribble after the throttle is slammed shut.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the diagram with the wiring for the failsafe the solenoid's that you can purchase, do you think they would have those at any kind of local retailers? Or is that most likely an online purchase? I'm just thinking of how quick I can get the item. I'm also debating on using my trunk windshield washer resevoir, is that good or bad?

Last edited by wesside; Jan 28, 2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

You can use almost any low power consumption 3-way solenoid with a orifice of 1.6mm larger. Search on this forum for "MAC valve" it has been a popular topic of discussion sometime ago.

The HFS-1 is designed to be truck mounted, you can use the washer reservoir provided it does get emplied too quickly.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
You can use almost any low power consumption 3-way solenoid with a orifice of 1.6mm larger. Search on this forum for "MAC valve" it has been a popular topic of discussion sometime ago.

The HFS-1 is designed to be truck mounted, you can use the washer reservoir provided it does get emplied too quickly.
Thank you Richard I've made the decision to go ahead and use the washer reservoir for now until I get a tank at a later time. I think it will be nice when I travel to have it protected and a clean look. I'll post pictures/thread when I attack and finish I will search out that valve
Old Jan 30, 2008, 02:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Look forward to updates.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Just started today I picked a different spot I haven't seen used yet for the gauge

I don't have anything there because I have an rs I believe the other guys have fog light switch and level buttons?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice place for the gauge - very neat. Love to see the rest when finished.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wiring for manual boost controller:

Is there supposed to be a wiring harness supplied for the HFS-1 - 3 prong solenoid valve? I am installing a customer's kit and there is none available with the kit.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Hello TTP,

There should be a two-core round black cable in the kit. Only two wires are needed for the valve (top pin is not used). In its absence, any 18-22awg twin core cable will work.

I can send you some on Monday.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Hello TTP,

There should be a two-core round black cable in the kit. Only two wires are needed for the valve (top pin is not used). In its absence, any 18-22awg twin core cable will work.

Negative, I went out and purchased some more wire in blue and red color because there was not enough to go to the junction box and back to the engine bay to the 3 prong solenoid

Here's a stupid question though. I'm getting close to finishing and going to tap the uicp now and my kit does come with the Y but the HSF-1 you only use one nozzle correct? Because my belief was that the HSF-5 was the kit using two nozzles? Can you please elabrate

Last edited by wesside; Feb 2, 2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 09:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello TTP,

HFS-1's are evidently not coming with this cable. I ended up using a brown and gray wire from the kit. You might want to check into this for future reference.

Another PITA was the fuse missing from the fuse holder. I had to actually troubleshoot why the pump was not turning on. Its a simple thing but wow, why doesn't ERL just put the fuse in the holster?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 01:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wesside
Negative, I went out and purchased some more wire in blue and red color because there was not enough to go to the junction box and back to the engine bay to the 3 prong solenoid

Here's a stupid question though. I'm getting close to finishing and going to tap the uicp now and my kit does come with the Y but the HSF-1 you only use one nozzle correct? Because my belief was that the HSF-5 was the kit using two nozzles? Can you please elabrate

It appeared the latest batch has the two-core cable missing, I can only apologise for this incident. Please pm me your address, I will ship some out to you on Monday.

The y-piece supplied is for twin-nozzle applications. You can install install both adaptors and plug one up until you need to run twin nozzle in the future. HFS-1 and HFS-5 has the same flow capabilities.

Quick Reply: Aquamist HFS-1 system: Official Q&A...