Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Coolingmist nozzle parts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Coolingmist nozzle parts

Well I was cruising and noticed my A/F Ratio hit up to 13.1. I take the car home, take off the UICP, and took off the meth nozzle and noticed a piece of carbon stuck in the hole. Well I pat myself on the back thinking of how great it felt for an easy fix, so go to replace the nozzle. Turns out, the small metal piece that inserts into the nozzle has two different shapes and I have no clue which side faces towards the uicp inlet. I attached two pics. Can someone tell me which side (either the flat head looking side or the 4-way shape) suppose to face the uicp side. Thanks in advance. I'm assuming the 4-way so it'll give an even spray, but don't really want to put it back togather to find it was the wrong way.

Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Called Dave and got it straight. For anyone that needs to know, the flat head side faces towards the filter.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a passing interest, how did this piece of carbon got pass the filter?
Old Nov 28, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. It was a hardened piece seated in the nozzle. The piece was in fact larger than the filter screen. The only theory I could come up with is that possibly small fragments over time made it through the filter, bonded togther and eventually filling up the nozzle closing it. I have not checked the nozzle since it was first installed approximately 6 months ago. I had a problem with the unit and was replaced with another brand unit. The carbon was larger than the nozzle diameter (M5) and could not push it through the hole, had to dig it out.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 04:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are probably right, little particles may recombined after it went pass the filter.