Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

SMC Wiring

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMC Wiring

My SMC flojet pump failed - fortunately I have a great failsafe. In my haste, I cut the wires figuring I'd get a better pump, but did not label as I was going along (interruptions and phone calls).

Can someone please post how the wires go to the level and the pump ? Basically I have the four wires coming out of the controller and need to wire the Aquatec pump and fluid level sensor. Thanks in advance!
Old May 6, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Well I am just getting the Labonte kit.....
Old May 12, 2010, 09:09 PM

Good choice!

Been running Labonte/Labonte built Parts since 2006, no complaints.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For future reference, Im doing this off the top of my head after I changed my wires over to a new pump a few weeks ago but Im pretty sure this is all correct.

The wiring on the harness is
Red = tank power
Black = tank ground
Green = Pressure switch
White = Low level

There are 2 white wires coming from the low level sensor in the tank, one goes to the pump head and shares the ground which goes to the frame of the car. The 2nd white wire that comes out of the the low level sensor travels to the wiring harness.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
For future reference, Im doing this off the top of my head after I changed my wires over to a new pump a few weeks ago but Im pretty sure this is all correct.

The wiring on the harness is
Red = tank power
Black = tank ground
Green = Pressure switch
White = Low level

There are 2 white wires coming from the low level sensor in the tank, one goes to the pump head and shares the ground which goes to the frame of the car. The 2nd white wire that comes out of the the low level sensor travels to the wiring harness.
Hey, thanks for the info. I'm planning to try this in the near future when my smc pump starts to go out.

So hows it is working with the new pump. Is the new pump psi ramp up rate and peak psi the same as before. Did you have to retune for it?

Old Jun 5, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evotech8
Hey, thanks for the info. I'm planning to try this in the near future when my smc pump starts to go out.

So hows it is working with the new pump. Is the new pump psi ramp up rate and peak psi the same as before. Did you have to retune for it?

I replaced the entire setup with a Labonte ....Much better IMHO....
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Evotech8

No prob. I havent gotten to give the new pump a go yet really, as soon as I installed the pump and ran it for a few seconds to get some water thru it and be sure it all worked, then I took the car out to Buschur the next day. Everything worked great tho during the test.