EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide-173/)
-   -   Meth nozzle and IAT sensor placement help (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide/421931-meth-nozzle-iat-sensor-placement-help.html)

EVIL-EVO-8 May 19, 2009 01:53 PM

Meth nozzle and IAT sensor placement help

Im trying to find where to place the bung for my AEM IAT sensor and also where to install my meth nozzle? I am using a AMS upper intercooler pipe with tial BOV. There isnt alot of room between the Throttle body and BOV. Any ideas?

dubbleugly01 May 23, 2009 02:50 PM

Which intercooler are you running (ie are your end tanks thick aluminum)? In the AEM forum, you can see some people are concerned with heat soak of the IAT sensor when mounted in the engine bay, giving a falsely high reading to the AEM ECU. I tapped my intercooler end tank since it was thick enough to get multiple threads for the sensor vs. tapping thin intercooler pipe. Regardless, you want your IAT sensor mounted before the meth nozzle, and preferably the meth nozzle after the BOV, so that when the meth comes on, it doesn't wet the IAT sensor.

EVIL-EVO-8 May 24, 2009 08:21 AM

I am running the AMS intercooler. I havent heard of that method before. My AMS upper intercooler pipe is super thin. If I want to mount the IAT sensor there I have to get an aluminum bung welded in. Explain this endtank mounting location a little more.

Evoryder May 24, 2009 08:51 AM

just mount the IAT on the upper intercooler pipe and weld on a bung. Meth nozzle should be about 12" from TB...definitely after the bov.

EVIL-EVO-8 May 25, 2009 12:32 PM

that sounds good but my AMS upper intercooler pipe has the bov flange very close to the TB. so the nozzle will be pretty close. it will probly work tho. thanks

stylEmon Jun 1, 2009 04:16 PM

Don't install the AI Jet too close to the AIT sensor. That will give a false reading. You want at least 6", preferable more, between the two.

EVIL-EVO-8 Jun 3, 2009 08:09 AM

The best placement That I can get Is the IAT sensor will have to go in the upperintercooler pipe between the Bov and intercooler And the Meth nozzle will go a few inches before the Thorottle body. Thanks for all the input!

stylEmon Jun 3, 2009 01:48 PM

with this set up, you AIT sensor will never read your AITs after meth is sprayed...
Can you put the AI nozzle at the IC and the AIT sensor at the TB?

Asmodeus6 Jun 3, 2009 02:08 PM

FWIW I have them all crammed between the bov and TB. Bushcur pipes, LMS meth kit, not running AEM ~ Maft PRO SD.

Meth is just at the turn in the UICP, AIT is 3" away RIGHT before the TB. Both are on the back side of the pipe facing the firewall. AIT was installed with a bung welded to the pipe. This was ground down to deshroud the element, and it definitely gets sprayed.

I haven't had a single problem in over a year. This car is d/d. Every day, rain, snow and shine. Meth is on 365 days a year and gets used every time the pedal goes down.

I don't get bad reads, or heat soak.

In fact - if anything having the AIT account for the colder air charge when the meth is spraying allows my meth tuning to be mindlessly easy. It see's it - and accounts for it. And my fuel curve stays flatter. I just end up pulling a little more fuel out, than if I hid the meth from the AIT.

Again, to each their own, but I have no problems doing it this way. So if spacing is that much of a problem, I wouldn't pull your hair out over it.

evovin Jun 14, 2009 06:45 PM

mine is about 6-8 inches before my bov. I have BR uicp