Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Lancer clubs at Rim of the World rally

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Lancer clubs at Rim of the World rally

hay all...i'm sure you have seen the info on the rim of the world rally happening on may 2-3 if not...here's the thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=12519
now i myself have offered and am helping out as a timer for the rally but they are looking for some car clubs to come and show their pride in their cars.
so far Denise has been in contact with i-clubs and they are showing up and bringing their subi's in full.she has also beenin contact with Ford and they are trying to get a Focus club.and she is now getting with the Mirage forums to see if they want to join.
now i know us Lancer owners don't want to be left out so if anyone is intrested drop a line.i know this is in the western region and the rally is in SoCal but all are welcome.drop me a line or contact Denise at marymountdenise@aol.com lets show our pride
Old Feb 18, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds good to me. I live in Victorville, so I'm not far from palmdale. I'll try to round up the lancers that I've seen out here
Old Feb 18, 2003, 01:59 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there working the race Fri and Sat, so count me in!
Old Feb 18, 2003, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be there as well as the rest of the folks from the CAL SLAM 2 thread...Do we need jobs at the rally to get good spots, or is it just hike in and find one? I want some kick *** pics...
Old Feb 18, 2003, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

true...you don't need to work to get a great spot to watch but i am trying to learn this stuff so what better way than from the inside.all this thread if for is to try and get all the lancers we can to represent as a showing not just in the parking lot and show our pride
Old Feb 18, 2003, 04:49 PM
In Timeout

If you are either working the meet or will be driving your Lancer to the meet, please PM me so I can submit our club particpation numbers to Diane ASAP.

Thanx
Old Feb 26, 2003, 07:04 PM

Bump
Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:46 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey everyone! It looks like I am going to be a spectator captain Fri and Sat, and the coordinator encouraged me to get a group of friends to work with, as opposed to just getting strangers assigned with me. So if anybody wants to work with me, send me a PM or something.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 10:38 PM

Thanks guys and gals for your interest and I wish you luck in your showing of Lancers at the Rim rally. We still need volunteers and I have to get over 300 people. So far I have half and would love to fill those spots ASAP. Right now I still need spectator marshals for the spectator stages. Believe me...you are right there at the action and get worker perks on top of that. Do note if you work the event your club gets recognition in the official program and free t-shirt and $20.00 room rebate for each night you work. Such a deal! Also Nicky Grist is coming out and as editor of the new rally magazine he represents...he will be doing interviews and autographs at their booth at the soccer field. So come out and suppport Rim and we will support you. Thanks!

To work the event go to www.rimoftheworldrally.com and click on workers tab and their is a area to register online as a worker. I would suggest either as a spectator marshal, timing person, service area steward. Any communication people out there (Hams) please register as well. Communcation workers we need you as well.
Any questions...please contact me either at 562-860-9861 or marymountdenise@aol.com
Denise McMahon
Chief of Staff/Co-Oragnizer
Rim of the World Pro rally 2003
Old Mar 6, 2003, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Well i have TEAM ECHO WHO might be interested in going so plaese fill me in on the 411 like what are you looking for or need. Email me at Bichin2006@aol.com
Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Charles,
contact Denise from the rim for all the info about haveing your club there.her addy is in the post above