Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by ybobbyy311
is there a forum for hawaii that you evo guys use, or how do you all get in contact with each other?
Go to club808.net if you haven't already.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea EVO just came in... Now just need little more cash to get a TUNE
Old May 4, 2009, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been looking around for a 6 speed short shifter for my 06 MR, and/or a shop that can fabricate (reliable) one for me. I have been looking around and have found a couple of shops on the mainland that can do it, but haven’t heard about anything on island. If anyone knows let me know.

Thanks
Old May 5, 2009, 12:36 AM

I don't post up in here too often. I live in town and have a AS IX. Have a Batz Maru on the rear brake light, so give me a flash when you see me!
Old May 5, 2009, 01:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Camp Smith huh? I work at Camp Smith as well... haven't seen any other Evos here except a black IX that I personaly know.
how personal you ,ight ask? VERY PERSONAL.. I ALSO know this evo... very personally...
Old May 5, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jestah_671
I have been looking around for a 6 speed short shifter for my 06 MR, and/or a shop that can fabricate (reliable) one for me. I have been looking around and have found a couple of shops on the mainland that can do it, but haven’t heard about anything on island. If anyone knows let me know.

Thanks
I don't trust any shops here when it comes to Evos.
Old May 6, 2009, 01:37 AM

After my first ACT clutch went @$$ up, I had my new clutch put in at R&D Automotive (old Vakamon). Both Ryan and Davin know the EVO pretty well, along with Subis. They did the install really quick and was really low price. They also did my LC-1 wideband install for pretty cheap and installed, so no CELs, even without the mech fix. That is the only shop I will trust with my car on the island.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the info about the Shops.

BTW, I'm the silver EVO IX W/ the FOKAI Decal On the hood and the Guam Decal on the rear window.
Old May 6, 2009, 07:58 PM

Hopefully I will be going to Okinawa in June for 4 months. If so, I will be picking up some JDM parts for my car
I have a silver IX also, but I have a Batz Maru on my 3rd BL and a Japan flag shocker on the gas cover. Also, you will notice my personalized LP.....
Old May 7, 2009, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lost808
After my first ACT clutch went @$$ up, I had my new clutch put in at R&D Automotive (old Vakamon). Both Ryan and Davin know the EVO pretty well, along with Subis. They did the install really quick and was really low price. They also did my LC-1 wideband install for pretty cheap and installed, so no CELs, even without the mech fix. That is the only shop I will trust with my car on the island.
After I have personally taken apart cars that have been to shops here (including Vakamon), I trust NO ONE. Hell, Vakamon forgot to put a friend's strut bar back on his Evo after he got some minor work done.

Plus, I see no point in paying the stupid *** prices these shops charge out here when there's plenty of knowledgeable people that's do the work for chicken and beer.
Old May 7, 2009, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
After I have personally taken apart cars that have been to shops here (including Vakamon), I trust NO ONE. Hell, Vakamon forgot to put a friend's strut bar back on his Evo after he got some minor work done.

Plus, I see no point in paying the stupid *** prices these shops charge out here when there's plenty of knowledgeable people that's do the work for chicken and beer.
Was it Vakamon or R&D? Ryan and Davin bought out Vakamons.
Yeah, I agree with the price thing, VS DIY, but with the price I got and the first round was DIY, I decided to go shop way.
When I come back from Japan with some parts though, I will be hitting you up
BTW, this is Sterling, I met you at one of the 808 meets with Jayson.
Old May 12, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

wow not many updates to this thread so...

my GG evo x has some advan rs wheels on the way, greddy se exhaust shipped today, cobb springs waiting for wheels to install.

whats a good shop to get my new wheels mounted and all that shiz and an alignment (after springs)??

and i got a GoPro Motorsports camera, check out the test video: http://www.vimeo.com/4587015
Old May 12, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Did you buy tires also or just wheels? If you got the wheels and tires together usually they'll be mounted and balanced already. If not, most shop charge around $25 a wheels for mount and balance (you can find cheaper if you shop around).

Advans are a grat choice. I also would like to hear what the GReddy sounds like, as it's a great looking exhaust for the X's.
Old May 12, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

naw, just wheels. imma have em swapped to my stock tires. ill throw up a video once i get my exhaust in and installed.

know of any shops to get an alignment done for a decent price?
Old May 12, 2009, 08:07 PM

Island Brake and Alignment in Aiea.. not sure how much though.. just give em a call

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***