Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

CA check point

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CA check point

It looks like in the Mission Viejo area law enforcement are doing check points. Its the first I have ever seen in my area. When I drove past (in our SUV) there was nobody there, and I could clearly see a temporary rolling road. Likely to do load testing for emissions. I went back in the other direction about 30 minutes later and wanted to take pics and video, but there was lots of activity and too many officers for me to pull out my camera phone while driving.

I was hassled on that road just a couple weeks earlier for no other reason than I was driving an Evo9. Completely stock looking, and stock motor. The officers will try and entrap you with questions about your car, as they did me. Derogatory aggressive behavior that you have to just suck up. However I did not receive a violation because you need to admit to wrong doing verbally. For some of us this may put you in a position to be forced to lie about modifications. Any modifications.

I was asked if I had removed the upper cat, so clearly they we're thinking they were looking for subarus. It was a back and forth under hood with what is stereo typical law enforcement behavior. I am however not your typical evo driver. I am 46, 2 kids, etc. I was hassled but not cited. I bought a new cat the next day. to make sure I am good. I was threatened with crushing my car and all sorts of rude unnecessary behavior.

Be on the look out if you live in this area. I apologize, but I don't know if it was Highway Patrol or Sheriff because there was too much for me to watch while driving by. I suspect Highway Patrol.

They are profiling in my example of being stopped. However, interestingly they were stopping everyone when I drove past the check point in the opposite direction. So that would indicate they were questioning anyone. It looked more like an immigration checkpoint than a smog one, but it absolutely had a rolling road portable dyno looking thing in the lane.

Felipe between Oso and La Paz for Mission Viejo locals.

Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's with the attitude?
I understand doing their jobs, blah, blah, blah, but most seem to be such raging *******s about it.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good looking out
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
cant speak for that area as im from sd but I remember going thro the san ofre check point every year for mod from san diego.. I get a look-over but just get waved by, a stop n go ... only time I ever got pulled over was for loud exhaust but was let go by sdpd... the cop that pulled me over was cool tho, guess I was lucky but anyway I cring anytime I go thro that check point at 3am haha heading to mod