Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Nav upgrade fail.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav upgrade fail.

So im new here and to Mitsubishi iself. I have a 2012 GSR with the rockford system, and i wanted the Mmcs system. I bought N-01 unit and it all works. But i guess i need a N-05 unit to make the bluetooth work . Looks like im going back to the non navi unit.

My car has bluetooth and hands free already enabled. Just have to find another compatible unit.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 06:59 PM

Yea somewhere around 2010 or 2012, I forget exactly which year and my google skills are weak tonight, Mitsubishi changed the way their cars communicate. I think it is called FUSE as the operating system or standard. Older nav units are not fully supported by the newer vehicles. In order for the nav to talk and work all the car options and vice versa you need a Fuse version of the nav unit. But again I forget, Stupid getting older thing, exactly which version the change was made in.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Firebuck2059
Yea somewhere around 2010 or 2012, I forget exactly which year and my google skills are weak tonight, Mitsubishi changed the way their cars communicate. I think it is called FUSE as the operating system or standard. Older nav units are not fully supported by the newer vehicles. In order for the nav to talk and work all the car options and vice versa you need a Fuse version of the nav unit. But again I forget, Stupid getting older thing, exactly which version the change was made in.
if i remember correctly. I think its 2011-2013
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:05 AM

Now i finally got my hands on a N-05 unit and its installed. New problem. My hands free still connects to my phone, but the steering wheel hands free buttons are now inop. I went into the menu settings to try to get to the hands free settings, its grayed out. Thoughts?