Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS TR-340 Kit opinions

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
WORKS TR-340 Kit opinions

Just curious about this kit. I did some searching and there isn't' a ton of info from what I found so I thought I would throw it out to the community.

Is this a decent setup? Known issues? Anything that should be known before moving forward with it?

Thanks..
Old May 26, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Never used the entire package, but I have the exhaust that is in the package and am very impressed with it. Good sound and very free flowing. And fitment was great!
Old May 26, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks M4Lki3r. I am interested in hearing as much feed back as I can.
Old May 27, 2009, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the TR-340 with one exception; I took out the P2 flash/tube assembly from the Works package and had our local EVO expert (kevinD - Evolution Dynamics here in the Dallas, TX area) do a street tune. In lieu of a boost controller or the tube assembly he uses a custom solenoid and the ECU to control boost. I also added the Works O2 housing and had the stock exhaust manifold ported. Finished it off with a Works HFC, ETS LICP and Samco hoses all around. Running 24 psi boost on Texas 93 octane and I couldn't be happier. The car pulls like there's no tomorrow. The car sounds so much nicer but it's not loud at all. At idle you can definately feel/hear the cams and the idle is not as smooth as stock but it's a pretty cool sound and no issues. Holds 900 rpm without ever stalling or misfiring. The only thing I had happen was the first time I turned the A/C on and ran that way, the idle was erratic and wouldn't hold steady. I talked to my tuner and he said this was normal and that I had to run the A/C for 15-20 minutes to give the system a chance to learn that condition. Sure enough, I haven't had that issue again when turning the A/C on. All in all I would highly recommend Works. Their parts are slightly higher priced than average, but the quality, fit-up, warranty, etc. etc. were well worth a few extra dollars to me and everything performs as advertised.
Old May 27, 2009, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot to mention that I also went with the Works valve springs and retainers and Walbro fuel pump. I think the springs/retainers are a no brainer add to the TR-340 and allow you to raise the redline without issues.