Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

newbie 04 ralliart custom turbo build

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie 04 ralliart custom turbo build

Hi, I'm new but I'm doing a engine rebuild on my 04 ralliart that I just bought. Upgrading the heads and pistons and replacing pretty much everything.

But my question lies with building my own custom turbo system. I read through some of the threads and they're loaded with information but it's mostly from years ago. I've never built a turbo system before. So I was wondering if anyone has a updated list of parts they know will work to put a turbo system on the 2.4 ralliart. If I can just somehow get a list. I will find them and buy them. I know rrm has a complete kit but for 4 and half grand 80 more horsepower just isn't worth it. Any feed back is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
realistically, that 80hp depends on a lot of things...even if you build your own kit, the power you can make with it depends on a so many things, primarily boost pressure, but a lot of other things play into it...

what you're asking is to do zero research, and just buy what we tell you to buy, correct? that's not going to work...how about you be more specific about what your goals are, what your budget is, and we can help you get there...

also, what do you mean by updated? nothing has changed...you still need all the same things for a turbo system...which "new-school" parts you may want to use is up to you...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
the basic parts will always be the same it doesnt matter how you go about it.

You'll need a manifold. a turbo. a way to provide oil to the turbo and return it with no restriction. piping, and intercooler. a way to connect it to the exhaust or build a new one. you'll need more fuel so you'll need bigger injectors, and pump. You'll want a way to monitor how your engine is running so you'll need at the very least an AFR gauge. It'd also be safe to go ahead and throw in some head studs. And to even make it work your going to need a way to tune the car's ECU.

After that its really up to you on how you want to go about it. Let us know what you do know, what kind of experience you have, what your goals are, then we can help you make some decisions. There is no one way to make it happen, unless you buy RRM's kit which no one here would recommend.