Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Hackish ECU Reflash Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliartize It
I'm sure it's adaptable to most NA bolt-on mods. But once you start upgrading internals for N/A or going forced induction that requires a whole new ECU image.
Very true but it can be done..I am sure you saw the turbo reflash post?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How more complex is flashing the ECU for turbo vs N/A?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

How more complex is flashing the ECU for turbo vs N/A?
the actual flashing part is the same but the definitions are total different.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 06:11 PM

Removed Mods:
RRM Timing Box (Per Hackish's recomendation)

why's that ??
Old Feb 4, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by father04co
why's that ??

The flash sets the timing so there is no need for it.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I figured I'd drop an update. 3 months later and the car still is running like a an absolute beast. At this point I will confidently say the 4G69 is the most enjoyable 4cyl NA motor I have ever driven. The reflash puts it top tier categories all time for N/A motors. So much torque, and I really don't mind the torque steer, that just means I'm hauling *** hahaha. Probably going to the dyno in the next month.

Otter am I allowed to post dyno vids on here?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:02 PM
rrd
Evolving Member

hackish, do you think you will have a reflash for the auto anytime soon?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

I figured I'd drop an update. 3 months later and the car still is running like a an absolute beast. At this point I will confidently say the 4G69 is the most enjoyable 4cyl NA motor I have ever driven. The reflash puts it top tier categories all time for N/A motors. So much torque, and I really don't mind the torque steer, that just means I'm hauling *** hahaha. Probably going to the dyno in the next month.

Do you find a difference between the timing box and the flashed ECU, power wise?
Do you find a difference in fuel economy since the flashed ECU?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Power throughout the entire powerband vs the timing box which dumps a ****load of power to your low end. I honestly have not noticed a difference in fuel economy, I prob get less mpgs b/c I drive fast now!!!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 05:29 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+1
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Yeah it's a bit far but he's put alot of r and d into it ....oyeah and he's the only one ine world that's reflashed the ralliart
not so!!!! hackish knows his ****, this is true, but i have found a company out of california that has succesfuly flashe some of the 4g69 ralliart ecu's. the only problem is that at this point in time, they can only reflash a few of them. there are many varriable right now... the computers varry from year to year, they are different between an automatic and a manual.. but if you are lucky enough to have the exact ecu.... you are in luck!!!!!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brad4tuna
not so!!!! hackish knows his ****, this is true, but i have found a company out of california that has succesfuly flashe some of the 4g69 ralliart ecu's. the only problem is that at this point in time, they can only reflash a few of them. there are many varriable right now... the computers varry from year to year, they are different between an automatic and a manual.. but if you are lucky enough to have the exact ecu.... you are in luck!!!!!
Be interested in who did it?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brad4tuna
Hmm. To my knowledge the only people who tune RAs in Cali is RRM, but I know it can't be them since they center around piggybacks. More info please?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
Be interested in who did it?
Originally Posted by OnCloudIX
Hmm. To my knowledge the only people who tune RAs in Cali is RRM, but I know it can't be them since they center around piggybacks. More info please?
you are right, rpm in cali does do it but as you said, they are centered around piggybacks.... thats all they do and we are trying to get away from it. the succes story comes from the guys at works in northern cali! they have succesfully flashed the ralliart ecu, well some of them. they are able to do some of the computers but they still very a lot between 2004-06. i will be talking to the main programmer on friday to see whats its going to take to get mine done. if he has the ability flash mine, i will send it to him, if not, i will be driving 11 hours to get on their dino and have him work it out. i will keep you guys updated as i find out more info.

tell you what though, i sure as hell wish i would have done my research before installing my turbo.... its killing me not to drive it!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I have spoken to Works and I hope my Info is correct. They have done a few 09+ but not the 4g69. Then again I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: Hackish ECU Reflash Review