Notices

should i trade?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question should i trade?

hi i have a 2004 lancer ralliart (automatic) a relative is offering me to trade his 2003 Oz rally (manual) for my car . His car looks more nicer than mine. i was wondering if i should trade? why and why not?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
looks nicer? as in how? I think the ralliart looks far batter personally, but aside from that, you have better suspension, better brakes, bigger and more powerful motor, and less time in existence...of course he wants to trade...it wasn't you asking him, was it? is the mileage even comparable?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks nicer as in mine has dents and i resently got in to an accident where i had to repaint two doors which turned out to be a different shade i have all 3 original wheels and a spare , my tires are getting worn out and i need to replace the brakes and rotors . budged wise i dont have the money to fix all that right now. yes he knows my car needa all that and yes i am aware mine has a better engine , suspension and brakes but cant i just mod the ozrally to make it just as better if not more? if i choose to trade for the OzRally it will get a paint job of what ever color i want , it has rims and unlike mine it has a sunroof and it being standard it gives me a chance to learn how to drive stick . there are lots of pros and cons i can not decide
Old Jun 25, 2015, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
well the OZ rally would take a lot of money to make as good or better than a ralliart, so if you plan on spending the money why not make the ralliart better. you say you would paint the OZ, then why can't you paint the car you have? it sounds like you just want a manual transmission, i don't think it's wise to trade, but it's obviously your call..
Old Aug 1, 2015, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 keep and fix....my $.02

the oz has nothing on the ralliart
xept the oz badge...in essence it's a fancied up lancer...
granted the ralliart is not what it SHOULDV'E been from mitsu...
but it's still better overall...

however if u don't have $....you wont have $ for the oz OR the RA...

if what you're looking for is a manual...I'd look to trade for something comparable to a RA

I understand the RA is not what u want now...(because of some damage)
but in time after actually fixing it and spending time wrenching on it...you'll be glad you kept it and not traded it for an oz