Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

To trade the evo or not to trade?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To trade the evo or not to trade?

hmm getting kinda tired of the evo , bumpiness, shifting lol , maintenance, all around modding first clutch stars going then suspension needs upgrading , need rims to better compete in car shows so now im thinking about trading it in for a new 2008-09 Camaro i've been reading about them and they're not looking to bad and it would be my first two door! i dunno i love my evo its a 12 sec car which the camaro wouldnt be , 12.6 2b exact, i've got 5 first place and the third place at nopi's x box cup in it ...... hmm what to do
Old Jul 9, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone (most of them) miss the Evo once they get out of them. Camaro looks good though. I am keeping my Evo. Good luck!
Old Jul 9, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

from what you described, I think the camaro would be perfect for your needs.

it's sad though.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 08:33 PM

i too am thinking about getting rid of my evo and getting a new camaro. Its a very hard decision. Maybe it was that damn transformers movie thats got me all geeked up about it. But before the movie, I had my eye on it for a while. I guess im just gonna wait till I see some on the road before I make my next move. Either way, Im going back to school full time so I think I will part wit my evo just because of the cost to maintain and need to keep modding.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

trade it for camaro! if you ever have this kind of doubt in your mind (trading in evo for new camaro) just do it, b/c you don't love your evo enough. but if you are talking about other car like Porsche 911 or GT2, I think it's def. worth it, sorry I just don't have faith in American car.

Last edited by fugiwara; Jul 9, 2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Everyone (most of them) miss the Evo once they get out of them. Camaro looks good though. I am keeping my Evo. Good luck!
I believe that, but I don't about "everyone" part though.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

I was going to wait until the new Challenger comes out to sell my IX and get the Dodge. But i test drove a 335i and got hooked the same way the Evo,s got to me. Hopefully i,ll have it in about 4 weeks.Space grey metalic,sport package,aluminum trim w/black leather,6spd manual. The Evo will always be stuck in my soul,but i,m 50 years old and my tastes are changing somewhat. I would and have never said a bad word about evo,s and wouldnt think about comparing the cars as they are completly different. I,ve always said the evo is the best bang for the buck in all around raw performance, and always will. I will also stay on evom as i think it is a great forum. I still enjoy reading all the threads and comments and have enough knowledge about the Evolution to give advice to newbies and anyone else who i can share my EXPERTISE about one of the best damn performance cars ever made.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

i'm in the same boat but i'm trying to sell mine.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn chris serious? we gon run em if you get it =)
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

I think about getting something practical and nice, but then I drive the evo and the woody tells me otherwise.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Wow....the server fuxed triple post.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Ah-ha, so I'm not the only one whose thought about selling the Evo. I wasn't tired of the Evo, instead I was tired with all of the problems I was having with the modifications that I had done to it. Ecu, turbo upgrade, pistons, transfer case, down time, etc..etc...etc.. But now that it's back and seemingly running good I want to keep it and perhaps purchase something else to go along with it. I drove a 07 (try not to laugh please) Trailblazer SS for three days last week and freaking loved it. That thing has tons of room and can scoot for a 6,100 lb. beast. It was fully loaded with everything for under 30k. I'm actually considering getting it by weeks end to go along with the Evo.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by BlownIncome
Ah-ha, so I'm not the only one whose thought about selling the Evo. I wasn't tired of the Evo, instead I was tired with all of the problems I was having with the modifications that I had done to it. Ecu, turbo upgrade, pistons, transfer case, down time, etc..etc...etc.. But now that it's back and seemingly running good I want to keep it and perhaps purchase something else to go along with it. I drove a 07 (try not to laugh please) Trailblazer SS for three days last week and freaking loved it. That thing has tons of room and can scoot for a 6,100 lb. beast. It was fully loaded with everything for under 30k. I'm actually considering getting it by weeks end to go along with the Evo.
Reguardless of what you do .. as a rule, you have to keep coming to the meets when you can. Really like having you around.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 04:39 PM

hey! i would say DO IT. if you dont like it you can always get another evo. i personally am going for luxury now instead of performance. i got to get school out of the way before i can have fun with the evo.

i think everyone is at the point of trying to sell or getting rid of the evos. so far ive had pretty good luck with my evo just had to replace the clutch and nothing to outrageous. im trying to sell mine too. the whole import scene is taking a turn. i dont really so many imports anymore. its all about the SUVs & trucks.

Last edited by paris hilton; Jul 10, 2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by BlownIncome
omG! the ss trailblazer is soooo tight. i would definently take that.