Notices

04Ralliart how to led back seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04Ralliart how to led back seat

Can someone please tell me how to install led lights in the back seat so I can see..??. I tied into the door button and when door is closed light comes on and turns off when door is open. assuming it has something to do with the door ajar light in the dash.. Is there a way to wire into the back somehow without having to go to the front dome light?

Last edited by Zin740; Mar 19, 2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: cant type lol
Old Apr 1, 2013, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my best guess is to get power from the dome light...unless u wanna tap into something else for power...
but since the dome light is already connected to power and already in the ceiling it's probably your best bet..
either way u'll have to figure out where to put this new light u just installed...(but if u said u already tried...u probably already put one somewhere somehow, so that step is done @ least..)

im sure there's other things u'd be able to tap into for power, but my guess is it'd probably be more hassle than it's worth...i don't have a sunroof in my car, and it's still very hard to see anything in the back anyway...if u do it may be harder to tap into the dome light and go around the sunroof to the back...not sure honeslty tho...

if you don't have a sunroof you could possibly try some kind of brighter light bulb or led, if they offer one, since the dome light is somewhat centrally located in the ceiling and u'd possibly be able to see a bit better...i think if u find really bright led's of some kind that fit in the oe housing, that'll probably your best bet...

or just keep a flashlight in the car...i do, in the glovebox
Old May 6, 2013, 02:25 PM

I ended up running wires from the front lamps.. head liner comes out or loos easy.. trim piece thats edges the sun roof comes right off and ran the wires around and reinstalled the liner trim piece and taped it to the ceilling(center) wire is hidden and light works great.. actually even over powers the lamp lights up front.. couldnt figure any other way

Last edited by Zin740; May 6, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old May 6, 2013, 02:39 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post up some pictures
Old May 6, 2013, 06:32 PM

I sure will.. motor is blown right now so yeah!!! money and knowledge is slim so wish me luck lol Ive posted about my engine in engine/drivetrain section