Notices

RRM NA piggyback and no instructions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM NA piggyback and no instructions?

I have gotten a few PMs over the last month or so about the wiring for the piggyback. This is for the MANUAL TRANSMISSION RRM naturally aspirated split second programable signal calibrator, the first or second version as listed below. I do not own an automatic, and have not seen the instructions. If anyone with an auto wants to PM me the instructions I will add them to this post.

Piggyback wire color--Ecu wire color--ECU Pin--Description

black--black--142--bottom row of connector #5 first pin left to right. I think it's pin 142 in the diagram, but that one is not labled so I'm not sure . Splice into it, don't cut the wire.

red--black/yellow--58--backup power supply, last pin of connector 2 read left to right. Splice into it, don't cut the wire.

First Generation RPM signal (the only change is the software engine settings need to be set up as 2 cylinder, 2 stroke, instead of 4 and 4)

yellow/black--brown/green--70--crankshaft position sensor. Splice into it, don't cut the wire.

Second Generation RPM signal (set up the software as instructed on RRM's website)

yellow/black--green/white--87--tachometer signal, splice into it, don't cut the wire.

green and violet--white/red--63--Mass air flow sensor, cut the wire going to pin 63 on the ECU, last wire top row of connector 3 read left to right. the green wire goes to the engine, the violet wire to the ECU.

How do you tell what generation your unit is?

If you hook up the RPM signal but your map tracer cell stays in the 500 RPM range than you need to switch to the other RPM signal source, and change the engine settings in the software. The RPM should trace around the map after that when the engine is running.

From RRM's website. Stated to be the same for the Manual and Auto. Depending upon your unit you may have to change the engine settings and pick one of two wires. See above.

key words: piggy, split second, fuel controller, RRM piggyback, PSC1, install, wiring
Old Aug 10, 2007, 07:00 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks Dan.

Discuss here.