Notices

RRM NA piggyback and no instructions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM NA piggyback and no instructions?

I have gotten a few PMs over the last month or so about the wiring for the piggyback. This is for the MANUAL TRANSMISSION RRM naturally aspirated split second programable signal calibrator, the first or second version as listed below. I do not own an automatic, and have not seen the instructions. If anyone with an auto wants to PM me the instructions I will add them to this post.

Piggyback wire color--Ecu wire color--ECU Pin--Description

black--black--142--bottom row of connector #5 first pin left to right. I think it's pin 142 in the diagram, but that one is not labled so I'm not sure . Splice into it, don't cut the wire.

red--black/yellow--58--backup power supply, last pin of connector 2 read left to right. Splice into it, don't cut the wire.

First Generation RPM signal (the only change is the software engine settings need to be set up as 2 cylinder, 2 stroke, instead of 4 and 4)

yellow/black--brown/green--70--crankshaft position sensor. Splice into it, don't cut the wire.

Second Generation RPM signal (set up the software as instructed on RRM's website)

yellow/black--green/white--87--tachometer signal, splice into it, don't cut the wire.

green and violet--white/red--63--Mass air flow sensor, cut the wire going to pin 63 on the ECU, last wire top row of connector 3 read left to right. the green wire goes to the engine, the violet wire to the ECU.

How do you tell what generation your unit is?

If you hook up the RPM signal but your map tracer cell stays in the 500 RPM range than you need to switch to the other RPM signal source, and change the engine settings in the software. The RPM should trace around the map after that when the engine is running.

From RRM's website. Stated to be the same for the Manual and Auto. Depending upon your unit you may have to change the engine settings and pick one of two wires. See above.

key words: piggy, split second, fuel controller, RRM piggyback, PSC1, install, wiring
Old Aug 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We always give instructions. It is the guys buying them used that forget to tell you they bought it from someone who has not supplied them the paperwork. I know who asked you for this Dan.... Thanks though. I rather hate giving customer service on 5 times for an item we sold once. We still do it though but it doesn't feel good.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 10, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
We always give instructions. It is the guys buying them used that forget to tell you they bought it from someone who has not supplied them the paperwork. I know who asked you for this Dan.... Thanks though. I rather hate giving customer service on 5 times for an item we sold once. We still do it though but it doesn't feel good.

ROAD/RACE
I here ya man, that's why I included both the 1st and 2nd gen wiring. when you buy used there will be no way to tell the difference until after you have it wired.

I definitely feel your pain, I didn't make any money, the first or fifth times it was sold, and I still help them out. maybe this will help both of us out, when they call you point them here, when they PM me I will point them here

what's the different wires for the PCM? I will update it if you let me know which ECU pins are different, I assume the piggy wires are the same color.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone have the turbo piggyback instructions? I would like to see them, I am trying to help GearDownSon tune his car. I need to know what the settings are in the R4 software also. Are there any available inputs on the unit?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:44 AM

Nice write up!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

...please delete, made thread instead.

Last edited by Flip; Oct 7, 2010 at 09:26 PM.