Notices

Installation Instructions for Rally Armor Mudflaps for 04 Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 03:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installation Instructions for Rally Armor Mudflaps for 04 Lancer Ralliart

Didn't see anyone posting any instructions on how to install Rally Armor Mudflaps to 2004 Lancer Ralliart's so I decided to post how I did it. Hope this helps!

Buy some 3/8 size tapping screws I think they are called with sealing washers. I got about 10 of em. Also buy some thread locker its like the jelly stuff that you apply to the screws. I had to buy speed clips for the back wheels because there was no thread but there should be thread on your front ones. Just simply drill holes into the flaps, which was absolutely the most painful task I had to do. I kept missing the measurement by a little and had to keep drilling multiple holes until I got it right, I would suggest taking your wheels off to do this but I didn't have that luxury. Then obviously take out the 3 clips from the front wheel well, and there is 2 clips in the back wheel well. So total there should be 10 clips to be taken out. The back two holes will need speed clips that fit the 3/8 screw. Just slip in the speed clips which can be found at any hardware store, between the bumper and fender. Then line up the mudflaps and apply the thread locker to the screws and simply screw them in tightly into the holes where the fender clips were. Some might suggest to drill an extra hole in the back wheel wells to add an extra screw, but for me my mudflaps simply stay in place with just two screws. Make sure you test the screws before buying them, Im pretty sure it was 3/8 size but better check to be sure. Hope that helps!

Here are some pics of mine:

The following users liked this post:
Buggin (Mar 12, 2016)
Old May 9, 2013, 03:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have black with red letters rally Armour mud flaps on my ix mr and they really set the car off....not to ment keeps tar and road debris off.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my mud flaps a while ago. They should be in soon so I'll try this out and post some pictures of the install.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you drill any holes in the car at all? Or did they just go through the panel clip holes