Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CP-E Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CP-E Exhaust

Hi, I am looking forward to getting my first catback exhaust. Ive spent hours reading threads and listening to sound clips and I want some owners that have the cp-e exhaust to provide their opinion. I want an exhaust that is definitely louder than stock and sounds mean and powerful. I also want very little to no drone and I want to be able to carry on conversations in the car. Is this the exhaust that's right for me? Also how quiet does the resonator make the exhaust? Is the resonator required to alleviate the droning issues I've been reading about? With the resonator how much louder is the exhaust compared to stock?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:42 PM

I started with the CP-E catback with resonator. It is most definitely louder than stock, there is little to no drone cruising through town. However, when you get the lead foot things change lol. The only drone that I noticed was when cruising on the interstate between 2500 and 3000 rpm's, not super louad and still quite enough to hold a conversation without yelling. When I added a test-pipe into the mix this changed things quite a bit, it was much louder across all aspects especially the highway. It is not unbearable but can get a little annoying when on a long road trip. Hope this helps a little.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scootypuff86
I started with the CP-E catback with resonator. It is most definitely louder than stock, there is little to no drone cruising through town. However, when you get the lead foot things change lol. The only drone that I noticed was when cruising on the interstate between 2500 and 3000 rpm's, not super louad and still quite enough to hold a conversation without yelling. When I added a test-pipe into the mix this changed things quite a bit, it was much louder across all aspects especially the highway. It is not unbearable but can get a little annoying when on a long road trip. Hope this helps a little.
How nice does it sound when WOT?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by TheBunster
How nice does it sound when WOT?
I personally love the sound, it is one of the louder exhausts for the ralliart. The video clip with the camera strapped to the back of the ralliart is pretty much exactly what it sounds like IRL. I pretty much have the only ralliart that I know of in a 200 mile radius lol so I do not get to compare any exhaust sounds in person.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 01:59 PM

I have a CP-E catback without a resonator on my ralliart and it is definitely loud. I put a hfc on it and that made it slightly louder to. At lower speeds it is the worst, but if its at about 60 mph you about cant hear it. It is a little louder than I would like, but every time I get on it I like what I hear. If its going to be a daily driver I would recommend getting it with the resonator. I ride solo most of the time with my music loud so it doesn't bother me a whole lot, but when I have people along and try to have a conversation I really notice it.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 05:38 PM

Haha thanks for all your reviews Ive decided to get it with the resonator
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:39 AM

Haha thanks for all your reviews Ive decided to get it with the resonator
Awesome! Let us know how you like it!
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

I love the sound of this exhaust, very deep and a nice growl. Mine is loud, people tell me they can always here me coming and this is driving normally. There is drone but depending on the gear for me. I also have a HFC for your reference.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Doing just the catback (especially with the resonator) you will experience very little, if any, drone. The change in sound from stock, however, is incredible.

Adding a test pipe will really bring the exhaust to life and give it a more full range of deeper sound, but it also comes along with more prominent drone around 2500rpm. Nothing unbearable, imo, but definitely more noticeable. I take long drives with my family, who has grown used to the added noise, and can carry on conversation without issue.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 04:51 AM

Just wanted to provide an update on the exhaust. I purchased the exhaust this summer with the resonator and so far I love it. I love the growl and the rumble at lower rpm and man when on full throttle it sounds like a beast. At first I thought it was a bit quiet with just the catback but after I put the cold air intake back on it got significantly louder. It definitely turns heads every time I give it a little bit of gas. There is slight drone when cruising on the highway, but then again my cruising on the highway is going 120-140km/hr at 100km/hr is it almost non existent. So far I've noticed that the back is significantly louder for my passengers as the drone is stronger but I'm not sitting in the back :P so need to worry about that. Right now I am waiting for some funds as I also bought the cp-e downpipe and will be looking to get that put on this summer and maybe a bov and getting a tune.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 06:20 PM

Just wanted to provide an update on the exhaust. I purchased the exhaust this summer with the resonator and so far I love it. I love the growl and the rumble at lower rpm and man when on full throttle it sounds like a beast. At first I thought it was a bit quiet with just the catback but after I put the cold air intake back on it got significantly louder. It definitely turns heads every time I give it a little bit of gas. There is slight drone when cruising on the highway, but then again my cruising on the highway is going 120-140km/hr at 100km/hr is it almost non existent. So far I've noticed that the back is significantly louder for my passengers as the drone is stronger but I'm not sitting in the back :P so need to worry about that. Right now I am waiting for some funds as I also bought the cp-e downpipe and will be looking to get that put on this summer and maybe a bov and getting a tune.
Where did u get it from?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:39 PM

I've had my cpe catback for a bit over a year now. The VERY SLIGHT cabin drone I was getting cruising on the freeway was further reduced when I switched from the factory cat to a testpipe.

Less restriction and thus less noise?

Idk, but I love it. Congrats on the purchase