Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Tuning shops

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tuning shops

I'm planning on getting my car tuned down the road and was wondering any advice on good shops. I live in Mo. and the only shops I know of is Boostin Performance and AMS that are somewhat nearby(near Chicago). Anyone have any reviews of these shops, I've heard some from BP and seem decent.

I'm probably just doing IC/intake/exhaust(most likely cat back), probably Boost Controller and maybe some coilovers, and possibly swaybars. Any supporting mods really needed for coil overs/ sway bars, just plan on back road driving.

Also, had question on exhaust; I want to stay legal, so will HFC null that, I know we have two cat's.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
My $.02 worth for a lightly-modd'ed car:

For what you plan - consider just doing the GST Basemap tune and boost pill (instead of boost controller). Review the beginning of the thread it is kept current.

It will get you to a 90% solution at a fraction of the cost of a dyno tune (consider donating to the great work the developers did and provide free to us )

We only have one cat and a hi-flow cat depends on your state laws...

Any local shop can do the swaybars and coilovers.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by russ72
I'm planning on getting my car tuned down the road and was wondering any advice on good shops. I live in Mo. and the only shops I know of is Boostin Performance and AMS that are somewhat nearby(near Chicago). Anyone have any reviews of these shops, I've heard some from BP and seem decent.

I'm probably just doing IC/intake/exhaust(most likely cat back), probably Boost Controller and maybe some coilovers, and possibly swaybars. Any supporting mods really needed for coil overs/ sway bars, just plan on back road driving.

Also, had question on exhaust; I want to stay legal, so will HFC null that, I know we have two cat's.
Hello!

Let us know if there is anything we may be able to assist you with! We would be happy to help you reach your horsepower goals.

Feel free to email, call, or pm us with any questions.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
If you don't feel like making the drive all the way to Chicago for a tune also consider etunes as an option. RRE or WTF do some pretty good work with our cars as well
Old Oct 27, 2016, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.kozmicmotorsports.com/index.php/tuning/
Old Oct 27, 2016, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Kozmic is a great company if he is willing to make the trip to TX to get tuned. They do not etune unfortunately :/. Kozmic will probably send him to TJ at WTF if he decides not to go to AMS or Boostin