Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Where do we lift these cars? (liftpoints)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do we lift these cars? (liftpoints)

I have access to a two pillar lift, but as will become blatantly obvious, i'm not really mechanically inclined.

Now then... Just behind the front wheels i found a bit of underbody that seamed sturdy enough, and had no other interference-points that could get damaged, so that i would dare lifting it there. But in the rear, i find nothing. Every spot is smaller then the lifts attachments, and i sort of don't want to damage anything. (on the car. I doubt i could damage the lift, even if i tried.)

So. Wood blocks, and lifting inside the sideskirts, up close to the "joint" that creates the downward facing "seam"? (As you can probably tell at this point, i don't even know enough about cars, and english, to express myself clearly.)
I would have taken pictures, but go figure, the phone was out of power... Again. Shocker.

I even tried figuring out where they wanted me to put the factory jack, but the image on the jack shows a slotted face, which should be only used on the earlier mentioned downwards facing "seam", and only where there are a couple of notches to keep it in place. My factory jack has no slot in it's face, and no notches down there under the car. So i gave up on that to. Guess if i feel silly at this point. All i wanted was to change to my winter tires, since it's getting cold outside...

Anyway, any help/advice/images is much appreciated.
B!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 04:30 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
my rails are crushed all the way down. No time to mess with that junk LOL
Old Dec 16, 2016, 05:17 PM

Yeah... I'm not going to do that. Any other suggestions? ;- )
B!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Read your manual, the jacking points for changing the tires should be usable...realize if it's not blatantly obvious to you, you should reconsider what your up to...this is not a joke these things can kill you in a heart beat.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 09:09 PM

As i said, the manual, doesn't seam to show "where" at all, just stating to get familijar with it before you actually have to use it, and the jack, has a nice picture showing a slotted face, which should fit over the "rail" and dig in to some notches. But the jack has no slot in it's face, and the rail has no notches. At which point i gave up.

I'm (probably) heading back out to the small garage later today to try and get some pictures, but it would be nice to have a general idea of what to look for when i go there.
B!