Notices

2011 Ralliart Comparison with stock turbo & after Evo X turbo upgrade 93oct

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Jay!

I agree Bryan it has more in it! It was very rich in 4th & 5th gear.

His best trap speed was 109.73 Mph with 12.68 ET
Old Sep 5, 2016, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Slee256
I agree that 21psi of boost is a little low, but I also think 27-28psi it too high. I think about 23-25psi is good peak boost range in my opinion.
Agreed. I would like to keep it under 26psi.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 03:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
Thanks for the kind words Jay!

I agree Bryan it has more in it! It was very rich in 4th & 5th gear.

His best trap speed was 109.73 Mph with 12.68 ET
Have you tweaked lower bound fueling and messed with lean spool?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if he has, but we started with one of your base maps and auto shift in sport mode does not work at all under wot anymore, did u get that before and do you have a fix for it?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Notenufpowr
I don't know if he has, but we started with one of your base maps and auto shift in sport mode does not work at all under wot anymore, did u get that before and do you have a fix for it?
I used one of the GST Basemaps as the starting point for a custom Dyno-Tune just like you did, and that shifting problem has never happened to me, so I don't think the issue lies with the GST Basemap.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 06:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by razorlab
Have you tweaked lower bound fueling and messed with lean spool?
Lean spool looks to be on still, and if you're referring to the SST table I did not touch anything on there.

It originated from a gst basemap, then I redid the fuel and timing maps and scaled the maf.

Is the SST lower bound fuel responsible for dumping the fuel on the upshifts?

Thanks Bryan.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

I used one of the GST Basemaps as the starting point for a custom Dyno-Tune just like you did, and that shifting problem has never happened to me, so I don't think the issue lies with the GST Basemap.
I didn't change anything to make it do that. Didn't touch SST tables.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 04:44 PM

Ran 12.6 last night but was trapping 109.9 I didn't like the track though my transmission was hot every run so I think that's why I had lower times it was shifting a little slower bc of it being hot
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Just so you're aware, That map and nothing else touched flashed to the car his car did the same thing. it must be either something with his car or its in the map. Are you sure you didn't have your trans flashed prior? It says in your sig you do have a trans flash.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Jay took the car out to the track Friday for some testing to see what trap we would do on E85. The tune is not finished. I wasn't done adding timing yet, But it still managed a 12.3 @ 116.59 rolling off the start no launch. Power was 370whp in VD dynojet mode.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 03:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Lean spool looks to be on still, and if you're referring to the SST table I did not touch anything on there.

It originated from a gst basemap, then I redid the fuel and timing maps and scaled the maf.

Is the SST lower bound fuel responsible for dumping the fuel on the upshifts?

Thanks Bryan.
The base maps work well for what they are intended. Once you add more airflow (like a upgrade turbo) there is a good amount of SST and torque related tables you will need to tune. If you didn't touch any of the SST related tables with this car, then there is your answer to the problem.

The lower bound fuel and timing is used on shifts on the SST equipped Mitsubishis.

So if you are running rich on shifts, then you need to tune the lower bound fuel table.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 03:22 PM

Just a question, but if we changed the map on the car and touched nothing in the trans map or limits of anything, how would that effect the transmission doing its job, would it not still be on trans factory map shifting points? I may be confused here so I'm just trying to understand, if I'm in normal, or sport mode, if I full throttle it will not shift, it will go up and bang off the rev limiter, now if I'm driving like ms daisy it all shifts fine.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 03:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Notenufpowr
Just a question, but if we changed the map on the car and touched nothing in the trans map or limits of anything, how would that effect the transmission doing its job, would it not still be on trans factory map shifting points? I may be confused here so I'm just trying to understand, if I'm in normal, or sport mode, if I full throttle it will not shift, it will go up and bang off the rev limiter, now if I'm driving like ms daisy it all shifts fine.
The simple way of thinking about it is:

Imagine the ECU and the TCU are good friends. When both of them communicate well to each other, the relationship is smooth. As soon as one of them doesn't communicate well or communicates information that isn't in sync with the other, then the relationship is not so smooth.

The basemaps are intended for stock turbo Ralliarts with no mods or very basic mods. When you increase the VE of the car, like with a larger turbo or cams or larger intake, or whatever, then there are a bunch of tables that need to be tuned to keep the relationship of the ECU and TCU going smooth...
The following users liked this post:
Notenufpowr (Sep 18, 2016)
Old Sep 18, 2016, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Just so you're aware, That map and nothing else touched flashed to the car his car did the same thing. it must be either something with his car or its in the map. Are you sure you didn't have your trans flashed prior? It says in your sig you do have a trans flash.
No, the S-Sport TCU flash was the last modification I did to the car, and it was done much later than all my other mods.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
When you increase the VE of the car,
What does "VE" stand for?

Quick Reply: 2011 Ralliart Comparison with stock turbo & after Evo X turbo upgrade 93oct