Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

setting up NLTS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
setting up NLTS

My series 2 is on the way, so I'm just getting familiar with it now. I tuned a v1 on a wrx years ago so I'm somewhat familiar with the AEM. Tuned plenty of other EMS systems.

Anyway, was doing some reading and it looked like you have to re-wire the clutch switch to different pins on the EMS for NLTS...

Just wondering why. The factory ECU NLTS feature can use the factory wiring, the UTEC can as well... do you actually have to rewire it, or did I read something wrong- is it where you just need to tell the EMS which inputs the clutch switch is already wired to??

Last edited by GravityKnight; Mar 27, 2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It has been a long time since I set it up, and if the AEM Forums were still around I put a thread up.

But I think it is because you want to use the top clutch switch. Pretty sure you just need to move one pin. I will see if I can dig up any of my old stuff on it.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheBoz
It has been a long time since I set it up, and if the AEM Forums were still around I put a thread up.

But I think it is because you want to use the top clutch switch. Pretty sure you just need to move one pin. I will see if I can dig up any of my old stuff on it.
very much appreciated
Old Mar 30, 2015, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

According to what I'm seeing here: (page 11) http://aemelectronics.com/files/inst...Play%20EMS.pdf

The EMS v2 comes already setup to use the clutch switch as is (like the stock ecu or utec etc.). Doesn't appear that anything has to change. It doesn't specifiy whether its the top or bottom switch, I'm assuming it's the top, since that's what the factory ecu uses for NLTS etc.)

Looks like it's just a matter of setting up switch 4 to activate NLTS in the tune... am I seeing that right? (and setting up NLTS)

As far as other sensors, I'm changing my omni map to an aem 5 bar, attachted a picture of the adapter I machined up on saturday for this.

I already have a GM IAT wired into the factory IAT wiring (from maf harness).

Just need to run the 0-5v from my aem wideband to pin 76 on the ems.

Think that's everything
Attached Thumbnails setting up NLTS-homemade_map.jpg  

Last edited by GravityKnight; Mar 30, 2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
There you go. That is how I had NLTS setup on a series 1 evo 8. Should be exactly the same on a Series 2.

Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to touch up on this.

Worked right out of the box. Just had to config the 3step.. it reads the clutch pedal. Haven't actually NLTS on the street, just got the aem box last night and got it running/basic tuning while sitting still. But it activates the 3 step and see's the clutch switch which is a good sign.

Having an issue with my main fan coming on with key on, and staying on. Not output related.. I think it's actually related to my turbo timer so tonight I'll disconnect it and see what happens....

Thanks for the help Boz