Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so the only problem I am having is my O2 sensors will not "ready up" so I can't pass the inspection. I currently have a stage 3 map installed with my Cobb AP. Does the stage 3 map disable the O2 sensors? I have reflashed to a stage 1 to see if that will fix the problem so i can get it inspected.

Last edited by fletchmasta; May 18, 2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:14 PM

Ok so stage 3 map definitely disables the O2 sensor, or the rear one (not sure which one) because now my O2 sensors ready up but now I am getting the P0420 code. So I fixed one problem only to create a new one. I will try a stage 2 map and see if I can fix both issues.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Are you able to activate/deactivate each individual sensor with AP? This can be done on ECU Flash.
Old May 18, 2015, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
Are you able to activate/deactivate each individual sensor with AP? This can be done on ECU Flash.
I know you can't with the AP but maybe with AccessTuner Race software that Cobb Tuning has for free. I haven't tried it yet though. I think I am back to square one right now. The stage 2 map hasn't given me the "ready" on the O2 sensors yet. I may just put my stage 3 map back on and see if I can get them to work with the AccessTuner Race software. If not I will have to get the cable and use ECUFlash software.
Oh a lighter note I found a website where you can get the same cable for our cars for $65!! Problem is, it ships from China so if you need it sooner than later you will have to pay $20 for shipping but even then it is still half price!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...215621738.html
Old May 19, 2015, 11:07 AM

Ok so I definitely need to do this fix with the ECU Flash software. Does anyone have the "how to" video because the link in the first post doesn't work
Old May 19, 2015, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Do a search on youtube "How to tune an Evo." There's I believe 16 videos but you only need to watch the first few on how to navigate ECU Flash. From there apply what you learned to the info on this thread here. It's not too difficult to pick up.
Old May 24, 2015, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by fletchmasta
I know you can't with the AP but maybe with AccessTuner Race software that Cobb Tuning has for free. I haven't tried it yet though. I think I am back to square one right now. The stage 2 map hasn't given me the "ready" on the O2 sensors yet. I may just put my stage 3 map back on and see if I can get them to work with the AccessTuner Race software. If not I will have to get the cable and use ECUFlash software.
Oh a lighter note I found a website where you can get the same cable for our cars for $65!! Problem is, it ships from China so if you need it sooner than later you will have to pay $20 for shipping but even then it is still half price!

I would be very surprised if it actually worked when you received it.
Old May 24, 2015, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The issue your having with the tests not being available is due to someone turning off the rear o2 in the periphery settings incorrectly. I just fixed this on my car . You should have 5 monitors for a stock evo.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would support the guys who did the hard work, not the Chinese knock-off even if it costs less.
Old May 27, 2015, 03:07 PM

This is incredibly helpful. Thanks!
Old May 28, 2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by 3gturbo
The issue your having with the tests not being available is due to someone turning off the rear o2 in the periphery settings incorrectly. I just fixed this on my car . You should have 5 monitors for a stock evo.
Yes I realized this after the testing I did. On the Stage 2 and Stage 3 Maps from Cobb the rear 02 sensors are turned off. I am excited about receiving my Tactrix cable so I can fix this issue. The YouTube videos I am watching about 'How to tune an Evo" are really helping.

Old May 28, 2015, 04:14 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Yes I realized this after the testing I did. On the Stage 2 and Stage 3 Maps from Cobb the rear 02 sensors are turned off. I am excited about receiving my Tactrix cable so I can fix this issue. The YouTube videos I am watching about 'How to tune an Evo" are really helping.

Intro to EcuFlash - 1 of 16 (How to Tune an Evo) - YouTube

i've been dealing with EcuFlash for the past six or so years. i've never used COBB AP, but know some people that have. i just can't see how it can compare to the resources and options of EcuFlash. since it's open-source, features are constantly being added. it's very impressive. you won't be disappointed.
Old May 29, 2015, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by neonglh
I just checked through the 14 pages, and didn't see it. Can someone upload the code for a 96420008 rom please. That would be great!

--mark
So I have read that only option for ROM 96420008 owners is to do some TEPHRA mod and copy some stuff.

Please help me understand if there is a way to get the 96420008 Table mod OR some links or help on how to complete the TEPHRA conversion.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:02 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Can someone make any comments on this?

I am new to ECUflash but I think I have 88590715

I opened the rom up after adding 88590715.xml to the directory. Here is a screenshot of what I had:

One of the things I noticed on the car is that the o2 sensor circuit is not showing ready after 100 miles of driving.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jp7
Can someone make any comments on this?

I am new to ECUflash but I think I have 88590715

I opened the rom up after adding 88590715.xml to the directory. Here is a screenshot of what I had:

One of the things I noticed on the car is that the o2 sensor circuit is not showing ready after 100 miles of driving.
Try the settings in post #361 in this thread.

Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)