Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Is there a guide somewhere to show how to log a 0-5v pressure sensor?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any more progress on AEM's wide band compatibility? I'm ready to pull the trigger!!!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 08:02 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
so, i'm interested... but not enough to read 80pgs of text LOL.

i have an Innovate WB and taktrix cable along with a subscription to Evo Scan that i've been using forever. is this going to work for me? i'd really like to not have to take my laptop in the car with me.. i'm tired of ruining USB plugs.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

has there been any apk updates since last December? i dont know where to check if there have been updates. Hamish could you send me a pm if you have a link again.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Hi guys,
I need a big help for two reasons:
1) I'd like to copy my Evoscan layout (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-gauges-2.html) one of main reason I bought Evodroid.
I know there is the gauge designer but I can't use it without a base. If I can get pieces from Evoscan layout I can with patience build it again but from a scratch layout for me is impossible.
If it's easier I can accept a black screen with digits for useful parameters, like SST temp and so on.

2) I use the OpenPort2.0 that comes with a female 3.5 mm jack to plug my LC-2 signal.
I'd like to do it also for the 3.0DA so I have to buy a female 3.5mm jack port to wire to the side of my 3.0DA. Which pin I have to use?

Thanks a lot for help
Old Oct 26, 2014, 02:52 AM

Hi Guys, I need help...

Since I got my Evodroid 7 last year for my EVO X MR, I have only tried out a few times but never been able to get all the gauges or reading going on the standard gauge layout, only RPM, speed, throttle & battery is working but not the rest.

Anybody has any answer to it??? cheers.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fede
Hi guys,
I need a big help for two reasons:
1) I'd like to copy my Evoscan layout (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-gauges-2.html) one of main reason I bought Evodroid.
I know there is the gauge designer but I can't use it without a base. If I can get pieces from Evoscan layout I can with patience build it again but from a scratch layout for me is impossible.
If it's easier I can accept a black screen with digits for useful parameters, like SST temp and so on.

2) I use the OpenPort2.0 that comes with a female 3.5 mm jack to plug my LC-2 signal.
I'd like to do it also for the 3.0DA so I have to buy a female 3.5mm jack port to wire to the side of my 3.0DA. Which pin I have to use?

Thanks a lot for help
Feedback for all: Saturday Hamish put me in the right way with a long teamviewer session! Awesome guy, now I can start working to my new layout!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOLen
Hi Guys, I need help...

Since I got my Evodroid 7 last year for my EVO X MR, I have only tried out a few times but never been able to get all the gauges or reading going on the standard gauge layout, only RPM, speed, throttle & battery is working but not the rest.

Anybody has any answer to it??? cheers.
I'm not the best in this but you have to check inside GaugeDesigner that the name in the log reference row is the same inside the .xml file inside datasetting folder.
If you are looking for timing and inside the xml file is called LogReference="TimingAdv", in log reference row (inside GaugeDesigner) you have to write TimingAdv.
First thought
Old Nov 7, 2014, 07:32 PM

In having a Hell if a time setting this thing up. I ordered one some time earlier this year. Still haven't got it to work right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Old Nov 9, 2014, 03:24 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by jcklimper
In having a Hell if a time setting this thing up. I ordered one some time earlier this year. Still haven't got it to work right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
i think i'll wait for things to work a bit more smoothly before i take the leap. there seems to be so many issues... is it even worth it?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by jcklimper
What problems are you experiencing with the setup?

Originally Posted by kaj
i think i'll wait for things to work a bit more smoothly before i take the leap. there seems to be so many issues... is it even worth it?
I can't deny that it's without issues. But, do we have any other choices if you're looking for something that allows us to customise the gauges? I've now sorted a few things out myself, I think I will start exploring gauge designs.

BTW, is anyone running it on Nexus 7 (1st gen: 1280x800) or other devices with same resolution?

Last edited by smurfz88; Nov 11, 2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

has anyone though of trying something like an encore mini (http://www.toshiba.com/us/tablets/encore/mini) its 7inches and should be able to run native evoscan and fit in the double din... the only thing im questioning is the usb support since i think the connection is a microUBS and dont know if the drivers will support it.

I havent had much time to play around with the evodroid but my goal was/is to install it in the double din and set it up as a media center for my car. I planned to tether it to a hotspot for google maps and spotify and use an amp to power the speakers and sub.

on another side note..Hamish do you answer PMs anymore?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:57 AM

Interesting! I've read people using OTG USB cables to use USB devices with this tablet. So it looks promising. But I don't have evoscan, or windows 8.1, so I can't tell from experience.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by smurfz88
What problems are you experiencing with the setup?
I cannot for the life of me get RAX patch working for logging or gauge display for that matter. I've tried everything I can think of. I can get mode 23 but only a couple things, like the speedo, tach, knock, throttle, and battery. I need RAX for the logging though. If you could help that would be great. I've been talking to Hamish but I know he is just too busy and can't answer questions as quick as we would like. I think he has a great product here. He is only one man handling A LOT. So it's understandable. If you could help me that'd be awesome.

Last edited by jcklimper; Nov 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 03:50 AM

Sorry, I can't help with that. I hope someone else with RAX Patch can share their experiences here.

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review