Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hamish....Can Evoscan be downloaded to the Pumpkin 2 din unit below:

http://www.autopumpkin.com/2-din-uni...-free-mic.html
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ This is exactly what i would like to know also! I have searched for a place to download the evoscan application but I can only find it on the website with the purchase of a tablet.
Old May 16, 2015, 03:57 PM

I read through the FAQ on the first page but couldn't find the following info
- Where can I buy the EvoScan Android software? I have already have an Android headunit.
- Do I need to buy another cable? I already have a 1.3 cable
- If I do need a new cable, can I use a mini USB to USB adapter? My headunit only has full size USB inputs, so an adapter like this one
Amazon.com: USB A Male to Micro USB Female Adapter (Black) + Worldwide free shiping: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: USB A Male to Micro USB Female Adapter (Black) + Worldwide free shiping: Computers & Accessories
Old May 31, 2015, 08:14 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
To answer the last 3 questions above, it is too technical for you to set up on your own device. Android operating system was never designed for InCar kiosk mode. There are fundamental problems with Android as an android operating system. all the internal power event commands for your android rom would mean your phone logging would not turn on and off with the car, and it would probably not work easily because your usb events are incorrectly set, and would take you months to figure out and build your own custom rom. you are better off buying our prebuilt and preconfigured android 7inch FireHDX from our website. Our prebuild android devices run at high speed usb datalogging, and have all the power events programmed in. thanks.

Cheers,
Hamish.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As nice as the tablet hardware is, it's the integration into the car that really kills it for me. I've not figured out a good way to mount it and make sure it stays stuck. There's no way I could do a track day with a tablet attached to the windshield with a suction cup. The track marshals would never let me out. As it is we have to hide the laptop under a floor mat.

Can folks post pictures of their installs to see what it looks like in-cabin?

To these ends the Pumpkin looks like it'd be really sweet.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 01:04 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I considered an eBay double-DIN kit.

Originally Posted by Nimpoc
As nice as the tablet hardware is, it's the integration into the car that really kills it for me. I've not figured out a good way to mount it and make sure it stays stuck. There's no way I could do a track day with a tablet attached to the windshield with a suction cup. The track marshals would never let me out. As it is we have to hide the laptop under a floor mat.

Old Jun 2, 2015, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Hollow out your sun visor and hide it in there That's what I'm planning to do
Old Jun 4, 2015, 04:15 AM
Silver Sponsor

I am just working on another version release of EvoScan for Android (directly targeting support for Kindle Fire HD 6 and HD 7). And I just got the superuser su root patch (KingRoot just released) for Kindle Fire HD7, so now I can do a lot more of the cool evoscan features for incar use. Like removing the slide to unlock screen - when you turn the car key on, it can now instantly display EvoScan, and turns off the instant you turn the car key off – love this feature. Not to mention Kindle Fire HD 7 is still the brightest tablet on the market by far, viewable from all angles.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 04:18 AM
Silver Sponsor

I just came across this cool style case for Kindle Fire HD 7.. looks nice.. it could be used for a quick removal, if double stickied to your dash.. OR strapped to your visor

http://www.newegg.com/global/nz/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1KR26V5472&cm_re=kindle_fire _hd_7-_-9SIA1KR26V5472-_-Product
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Okay, let's say we solve the mounting issue.

I currently have a Zeitronix WBO2 with boost and EGT sensors. I'd also really like to know oil pressure and oil temp, ideally with some sort of warning display so I know if we should calm it down on track.

Is there a way to get all these sensors into the Evodroid or am I better off doing a car PC / netbook? I don't have the oil pressure / temp sensors yet so those can be chosen to suit the solution.

Even if I wire the WBO2 into the rear O2 ECU input, I'm still short on inputs. I'm also unsure if running analog out for WBO2 incurs accuracy loss due to the extra d/a -> a/d steps.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 01:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Okay, let's say we solve the mounting issue.

I currently have a Zeitronix WBO2 with boost and EGT sensors. I'd also really like to know oil pressure and oil temp, ideally with some sort of warning display so I know if we should calm it down on track.

Is there a way to get all these sensors into the Evodroid or am I better off doing a car PC / netbook? I don't have the oil pressure / temp sensors yet so those can be chosen to suit the solution.

Even if I wire the WBO2 into the rear O2 ECU input, I'm still short on inputs. I'm also unsure if running analog out for WBO2 incurs accuracy loss due to the extra d/a -> a/d steps.
I suggested the DLPIO-8 USB ADC cable to Hamish several years ago. He did add rudimentary support for it in EvoScan, but at this time, there is no easy way to apply scalings to any sensor signals being read by EvoScan through the cable. I asked for that to be fixed, but I think he's been more focused on evolving the hardware for the dashlogger.

http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml

And if 8 channels aren't enough, DLP now makes 14 and 20 channel ADCs.

The DLPIO-8 is 10-bit, so the precision in the conversion is down to 0.1%, while the DLPIO-14 and -20 offer 12 bit precision and adjustable sampling rate.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:21 AM
Silver Sponsor

Have a read of the first post.. EvoDroid has its own 3 analogue inputs and 1 serial input for Zeitronix. therefore there is no need here for DLPIO8 with EvoDroid.

using ZT2 (yes thats what I have in my car) with EvoDroid I display my EGT and my BOOST via Evodroid.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 08:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
Have a read of the first post.. EvoDroid has its own 3 analogue inputs and 1 serial input for Zeitronix. therefore there is no need here for DLPIO8 with EvoDroid.

using ZT2 (yes thats what I have in my car) with EvoDroid I display my EGT and my BOOST via Evodroid.
Wasn't aware of that, and 3 analog inputs is a great start, but I'd venture to say that for serious track folks, 3 is not enough. Suggest that the next revision should have 5+ if possible.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

Okay, I'm getting stoked on the idea of not having a laptop in the car. Couple more questions:
1. Can log files be saved directly to DropBox so when I get home there's automatic wifi syncing before (timed) power off?
2. In the beginning of the thread you threatened to offer the ability to flash the ECU too. Is this ever going to become a reality? Would there be tablet based ROM editing?
3. If one pays more can you build a Fire HDX7 rather than HD7? The delta in price is pretty low as of today.

thanks

Originally Posted by evoscan
I am just working on another version release of EvoScan for Android (directly targeting support for Kindle Fire HD 6 and HD 7). And I just got the superuser su root patch (KingRoot just released) for Kindle Fire HD7, so now I can do a lot more of the cool evoscan features for incar use. Like removing the slide to unlock screen - when you turn the car key on, it can now instantly display EvoScan, and turns off the instant you turn the car key off – love this feature. Not to mention Kindle Fire HD 7 is still the brightest tablet on the market by far, viewable from all angles.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Just ordered a Kindle Fire HD 7 (16GB) for $99 thanks to Amazon Prime Day. Is it possible to order the rest of the parts from you in NZ and just flash the tablet with your ROM? I'll be happy to pay the difference in price equivalent to what you charge for the software to keep things square. Not trying to rip you off, just taking advantage of Amazon loosing money.

I think I've also figured out a nice mounting method via a bracket coming up from the radio port. I'll need to design / build once the tablet arrives.

M<

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review