Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

good grounding spot under fuse

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good grounding spot under fuse

hi i am installing an aem wideband uego and i need to ground into a good ISOLATED ground (as mentioned by the aem tech guy) but where can i do that under the fuse box. sorry i am not good with electrical. I am doing it on the driver side fusebox inside of the radio or cig lighter so the aem wideband wont recaliberate when i start the car. I notice there is an area with like gold color and dont known if that area is metal to ground to. any help or picture would be best. actually picture is best. thanks
Old Jan 9, 2015, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the AEM tech is saying is that you have to ground the unit to a spot on the car usually not shared by another component for ground. Like if the radio and climate control are grounded together.

Usually the best thing to do is to get a short self tapping sheet metal screw and extend the ground to that and screw into the chassis. Or if you can find a bolt along the frame (removing some of the plastic paneling) you should be able to bolt to the frame to get a good ground.