Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The next evolution of the Bad Bish

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 01:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this. Why the heck would this be a "drag car" because it has a TH400? Some of y'all are dense.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Drift contest on the next shootout?!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

my vote is turbo lsx, th400 and narrowed 8.8 ford. you wouldnt even have to check the oil for 5 years. run a 3.42 rear end and drive it any where ................................................ unless its snowing or raining.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by diambo4life
Looking forward to seeing this. Why the heck would this be a "drag car" because it has a TH400? Some of y'all are dense.
How many competitive circuit/auto x cars have you ever seen running a TH400? This is a drag/street car. Not my cup of tea but if Buschur wants to do it more power to him.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 05:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone must be bored... hey looking forward to this
Old Nov 2, 2014, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Right he's going to be competing in time attack against norris lol.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
AWD cars split power between four axles. RWD will be handling all the power. DUH. a local here and I converted his 91 talon to rwd. that car was breaking axles with 270whp. dave has built at least three RWD 8 second 4g63 shop cars. Ask him what rear ends those cars ran and if any of them ran a mitsubishi IRS rear end. sometimes the smartest people in the world have aha moments. this will be one of them.
There is a huge difference here. THOSE cars were built to be drag cars, that is not the goal here. Those cars had the rear ends swapped to run ladder bar and four link set ups. The other difference is those cars all had trans brakes, which shocks the driveline violently just like dumping a clutch. This car has NO trans brake, is not being built to be a drag car. So there is and will not be an "aha" moment.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
I don't think I read it here, but what is the spec on the torque converter?
Gl with the project!
Converter is being done by a new guy, locally, who was doing the converters for the clutch less four speed in the EVO.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
There is a huge difference here. THOSE cars were built to be drag cars, that is not the goal here. Those cars had the rear ends swapped to run ladder bar and four link set ups. The other difference is those cars all had trans brakes, which shocks the driveline violently just like dumping a clutch. This car has NO trans brake, is not being built to be a drag car. So there is and will not be an "aha" moment.
maybe your new goals for car is not clear then. all I know is you are not gonna run 9 flat through an IRS rear end. trans break or not the rear end is not strong enough. you are doing something no one has tried yet at your power level. its not gonna work.

you laughed at me when you started the a/t project. I stated you are two years from having a sell-able product. you stated you dont have the patience for something that takes longer than two months. i was right on that one. maybe you'll be right on this one.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Converter is being done by a new guy, locally, who was doing the converters for the clutch less four speed in the EVO.
Cool! I was interested to see what the stall-speed will be and how it will complement the turbo you will be going with.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

maybe your new goals for car is not clear then. all I know is you are not gonna run 9 flat through an IRS rear end. trans break or not the rear end is not strong enough. you are doing something no one has tried yet at your power level. its not gonna work.

you laughed at me when you started the a/t project. I stated you are two years from having a sell-able product. you stated you dont have the patience for something that takes longer than two months. i was right on that one. maybe you'll be right on this one.
You have a crack habit. The car ran 9.0's on the stock rear and axles and in a thousand passes broke one stock axle, this is with a 5 speed hitting the rear tires hard. There are cars running 6's on with IRS. The 3000GT rear with the DSS axles are more than strong enough for 8's.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saying he cant run 9s through an IRS is just dumb. How many times is this plat form going to prove people wrong. I was told that a stock tranny and drive train would never hold 600whp but look at me now with 790/540 ( on mustang dyno) trapping 144 only cause the tranny is stock and my 4th gear is short. I cant say I always agree with Dave but I can say he is one of the few shops that will flat out try something new to bring to the table for the community. So maybe a statement like " I don't think it will work and maybe you should try this or that" would be a little better than " its not going to work or you cant do it" Just my o2 on the matter.

Any way Dave will I be able to use a 5 speed in this conversion and drift my car. Its time for the Evo to dominate that motor sport also
Old Nov 4, 2014, 07:33 AM

I have to say, I've been watching Buschur racing and specifically the BAD BISH since 05 when I bought my VIII. Not to copy, but use as a fine example of how to properly build an Evo to be very fast in all aspects of racing and dependable as the day is long. My heart dropped when you posted on Facebook that it was for sell. I even called Nick to see if what I read was true. However, I have always wondered how much fun this car would be as a rear drive beast. look forward to some new videos to show my friends. Thumbs up Dave!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought the bish was the test car for new products. Nothing I see in this new iteration interests me. I will continue to enjoy my seat lowering brackets though.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 08:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts

For something that's never been done, you seem very confident it won't work...

Looking forward to seeing this go Dave! What are you doing for motor mounts besides the motor plate?

Quick Reply: The next evolution of the Bad Bish