Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

3" 02 elim RnR HKS Carbon/TI TB, All SS Piping

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not reccomend RnR products. I have their 3 SS inch turbo back and it is shoddy at best. After they took the money out of my account, it took 3.5 weeks to ship. When I got it, the slip connections did not fit. Once it was on, the two slip connections leaked like a mother. the hangers streach the bushings fairly severly in the rear. Oh yea, and Ryan swore up and down that he would include a spacer kit to allow me to reuse the stock front tie bars... when I got the exaust there was a hand written note stating the spacer kit was not "ready". I have left messages with RnR but have recieved no contact about the spacer kit (hey, they have alredy make the sale). AFTER SALE SERVICE IS GOD AWFUL!

In the end, I will spend about $100 - 200 in welding and fabrication work to make the turboback properly fit the car. Save yourself the headach and buy from a well respected dealer (buschur, vivid, Vishnu).
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:10 PM

I'll second that, they have horrible customer service. I've dealt with them in the dsm world. Cheap prices but don't expect much past that. Just my .02
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Megan Racing makes nice products, they are less expensive and I have personally have the downpipe it is very nice and full 3" for only $150 you can't go wrong!
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want an exhaust that has OEM like fitment w/ a good price, go for Helix.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Humm, I was thinking of going with RnR myself. I would like to hear a response from RnR.

Originally Posted by 03venom
I would not reccomend RnR products. I have their 3 SS inch turbo back and it is shoddy at best. After they took the money out of my account, it took 3.5 weeks to ship. When I got it, the slip connections did not fit. Once it was on, the two slip connections leaked like a mother. the hangers streach the bushings fairly severly in the rear. Oh yea, and Ryan swore up and down that he would include a spacer kit to allow me to reuse the stock front tie bars... when I got the exaust there was a hand written note stating the spacer kit was not "ready". I have left messages with RnR but have recieved no contact about the spacer kit (hey, they have alredy make the sale). AFTER SALE SERVICE IS GOD AWFUL!

In the end, I will spend about $100 - 200 in welding and fabrication work to make the turboback properly fit the car. Save yourself the headach and buy from a well respected dealer (buschur, vivid, Vishnu).

Last edited by tx evo; Aug 16, 2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

I have PMed 03venom to resolve the situation. He is not happy and we want to work it out. Whatever the problem is we want to make sure he is happy with the order. He situation must have fell through the cracks. Once we get his name and info we will be able to resolve it.

Also all of our downpipes were redesigned to fit the stock braces so that no spacers kits are needed anymore. Anyone who has an older version and needs a spacer kit let me know and I will get it out to you.

We sell a lot of parts we want to make sure everyone is happy with the purchase. I am sure we will be able to work this out. Let me know if there are any questions on our systems.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

I have replied to RnR's private message. I hope to have the situation resolved in the next couple of days. I'll keep you posted.