Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

injen intake with upper I/C pipe review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injen intake with upper I/C pipe review

i just installed the Injen intake with upper I/C pipes. first off let me thank evo81 for giving up his saturday to install the intake with me.

man installing this things is pretty easy for the most part. the most difficult is removing the stock air filter and I/C piping. to do this correctly u will need to remove the undertray. which is a b*tch to take off because of all those damn clips. also the bumper too. once u get the MAS removed from the filter box (i had to smash mine with a hammer cuz it was pissing me off , so i wont be going back to stock now. the rest seems like cake. now it took evo81 and me probably a good 2 or 3 hours just to remove the stock sh*t. my clamps were in bad position which didnt help.

as for the install of the Injen system it was pretty straight forward. didnt seem to hard at all. everything fits nicely and it looks great.evo81 did most of the install so i cant really says if it was all cake but it seemed for the most part the headache came from the stock stuff.

now the response from this system is fu*king great. 1. u can hear the turbo and it is loud and sexy sounding. 2. throttle response seems to be way better and the turbo acts like it just wants to be used that much more. 3. the spool up is unbelievable. it spools up at about 2500 rpm. and i kid u not. ask evo81. 4. it feels much better now at the top end and better between 5000 rpms to redline. it kinda feels like it can boost and hold past redline now. 5. now i did lose about 1.5psi of boost, but i do hold constant at 17.5 all the way to redline. i just got my boost guage so i can see what the real different is from stock and the Injen. but we all know we peak at 19 psi and tamper to about 17 or 16. and im holding 17.5 with no problems through all the gears to redline.

now this 17.5psi holding can be because of the new upper piping or the fact that i tighten every clamp going to or around the turbo and I/C. and yes they were loose. (i've read that aftermarket intakes will cause the factory ecu to cut a little of the boost). i could also be loosing boost because of the stock bov. it flutters when it goes off and sounds like it ready to explode. gettin the greddy type-s installed on tuesday as well with the Hallman boost controller. if it comes in by then. even with the boost being at 17.5 the car feels more powerful and one of my friends can vouch for that. he told me before he can feel the power dropping after 5000 rpms, but now it feels like theres more power and holding up to redline.

in all, i highly recommend this intake system. ya there is many to choose from and i havent tried them all but this system is a great buy. Injen is a name to trust in intake systems and u also get upper I/C piping.

for those looking for this system www.evostore.com has the best prices for this system. trust me when i say this, i looked at every website for the best price.

GO INJEN

Last edited by LostSoul Evo; Aug 30, 2004 at 07:24 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

by the way this intake is the only power performance mod i have. so u should notice a different if u are stock or not and get this system.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LostSoul Evo
.............. 5. now i did lose about 1.5psi of boost, but i do hold constant at 17.5 all the way to redline. i just got my boost guage so i can see what the real different is from stock and the Injen. but we all know we peak at 19 psi and tamper to about 17 or 16. and im holding 17.5 with no problems through all the gears to redline.

If you get a good flash or piggy-back setup, you can hold 20psi all the way through redline and not experience any taper! I do!
Old Aug 30, 2004, 09:41 AM

Congratulations on picking up the new system! Enjoy it!
Old Aug 30, 2004, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Nice! Thanks for the info and congrats on your new mods
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:04 PM

It's $378 here http://www.lancershop.com/customer/cart.php
Old Oct 1, 2009, 09:28 PM

nice work.. keep it up