Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Oil Pressure Install

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oil Pressure Install

I installed a STRI Oil Pressure gauge over the past weekend. The shop that sold it to me also sold me an oil filter adapter ring that goes on first and then an 05 STI oil filter over the adapter. The ring has a hole for an oil pressure sensor and one for an oil temp sensor. I was wondering if anyone else has used this "ring" and if it is a good idea to keep on there. Right now the oil temp hole has a bolt in it since it is not being used. In the next month or so I am going to add an oil temp gauge as well. I know there is an elbow I could have bought and installed the oil pressure sensor into but if I want to run an oil temp also how would I do it with that method?

thanks
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

oil sandwich adapters are ok- i ran then in my built turbo civic feeding the turbo and oil pressure sensor.
if you tap straight into the oil pump the best option it to connect in a stainless steel line then to a T mounted somewhere then connect your oil pressure and temp sensors to that- you really don';t want stuff hanging off threads on an oil pump b/c it adds stress at the threads.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got the 42 draft adapter for the oil filter housing

not to scare u but my stri oil sensor crapped out like 4mths after install
maybe was the vibration at that location or heat or who knows what

i have bought the AMS stainless line to relocate it away from there to see if it helps when i install my new sensor

just some info for u
Old Mar 25, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I just pulled the 2 plugs (with the allen heads) out of the oil filter housing on the back, when I installed my Stewart Warner oil press./temp gauges. Haven't had a minutes trouble yet, and they have been on there for about 5 or 6 months now.

I'm going to try to search to find the link that has the pics of what I am talking about, but I am sure you know where they are.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

there's a saying...you get wut you pay for !!! Delfi is the way to go
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lghtngyello03
I just pulled the 2 plugs (with the allen heads) out of the oil filter housing on the back, when I installed my Stewart Warner oil press./temp gauges. Haven't had a minutes trouble yet, and they have been on there for about 5 or 6 months now.

I'm going to try to search to find the link that has the pics of what I am talking about, but I am sure you know where they are.
OP: Do it this way... I guess your way works.. but I don't know too much about it.. :/
Old Mar 27, 2009, 07:40 AM

when i get the temp sensor also I am going to switch to the other way