Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

falken fk452 reviews

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
falken fk452 reviews

i have these tires on my EVO IX - 235/40/18's and all i can say is tires rides quiet & handles really well.. i paid $528 shipped from discount tire direct

before i bought the tires i did a research and found alot of good reviews. i hope this helps

Falken FK-452 Tires

Summer Tires
Ultra High Performance

Falken FK-452 300 AA A
- massive amounts of dry grip
- very good wet performance
- lasts surprising long for a performance oriented tire
- probably one of the best bang for the buck tires

http://star-motoring.com/news/story....c=motorreviews

peter"mercedez E55 AMG - 245/35/18 - This is the best tire for limited budget. Yes I know expensive car low cost tires but I had Bridgestones also. There is no big difference for me. Falken suprised me good."

Frank"2005 Audi A4 Quattro - 235/40/18 - The tires are smooth and quiet. They have a nice design. They're great in dry and wet conditions. I've put about 1000 miles on them. Just recently attended a track day. I put 50 laps at Laguna Seca on them. A few of the track sessions were plagued by rain or wet track. That didn't diminish the grip as much as I thought it would. Very predictable and never gave up. I've done about 10 track days in various cars, supercharged cts-v, vw gti, and audi. All with different tires like michelin, falken, yokohama, goodyear, and so on. I can safely say you won't regret getting these falkens. Everyone I've referred to this tire has thanked me after."

August 28, 2006
1999 PORSCHE 911 18-INCH 996
TEMPE, AZ
Driving Conditions: Highway/City Mix
Driving Style: Average
Miles Driven on Tires: 3,000
Would Buy Tire Again?: Yes
Had Pilot 2s on the front and P zeros on the rear.. the P Zeros are garbage...loud and slappy... the Pilots on the front were stiff but cornered well... The FK 452s ride unbelievable..and are super quiet compared to either of the forementioned. Although they are a bit over steery in hard cornering(but very sticky), the trade off for everyday driving is well worth it. If you drive your 996 on the streets and not the track I recommend these tires..Did I mention the ride is awesome and they are super quiet!! It was like getting a new car when these went on. At 80mph all you hear is the wind, tire noise is virtually non existant. I have had the Ziex Falkens on my BMW 3 series and my Volvo C70 converible with great results so I gave these a try on the Porsche and so far have not been dissapointed.

from NASIOC

sigurd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 128721
Vehicle:
2002 impreza WRX
psm

Still loving mine.(the 452's that is) Got a bit over a thousand on them and I cant be more happy.

I just got an alignment last week and got my camber dialed in.

between that and the tires getting in the sweetspot I love it.

for example. there is a really nice onramp that I like to test with and I took it over there the other day. I dont really pay attention to speeds when Im doing that as im looking at the road but I can defenatly tell you im taking it faster than on the re750's. Also Im gettin absoluty no tire squeal. even when they breakaway its really progressive and they stay almost silent.

currently running 38psi rear, and 41 psi front cold setting.

Rail
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38287
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by waktasz
Toyo Proxes T1R: Very similar to the FK452 in every respect. Choosing between these two comes down to sizing availability and brand preference in most cases.

I disagree with this. I have owned both sets of these tires, and the FK452 is far superior to the T1-R. Of the two, the FK452 has the stiffer sidewall by a large margin, and the turn-in is significantly better as a result. The Falken also has a much wider footprint than the Toyo in the same sizes. The FK452 is the quieter tire of the two.

As to grip, the Falken only gives up a little bit in the wet to the Toyo, but completely destroys it in the dry. The Falken has significantly more lateral grip, and is much more confidence inspiring at all times, simply because with the Falken you know you can stop. The Toyo could be downright scary at times in straight-line braking. My old Proxes 4, an all-season(!) were better when hitting the clamps than the T1-R.

I haven't finished the FK452 off yet, so I can't yet speak to tire wear, but when you can get the Falken for $35 less per tire than the Toyo, If I get 17K miles or more out of the Falkens(which seems likely), they'll be a better value per mile than the Toyo, which only lasted me 20K.

Last edited by EVOIX2NV; Dec 24, 2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

I had those tires on two or three of my past cars. I like them better than the Ziex512.

Enjoy the nice ride of them.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

dude you can't compare these to Ziex's..way better. This is what the ST115 azenis turned into. Very good for the price.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

I have FK451's on my car which work great for cornering and such (not too good for hooking up in a straight line). I mistakenly told my friend to get the 452's on his 98 cobra instead of the ones I had. His car is setup to handle better than mine and the 452 tires hold up just fine. Although they are built for luxury sports cars, they work great on normal sports cars as well.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 05:55 AM

I put the Ziex on my 9 for the winter. All I can say is that there tires are unbelievable. I'm in northern IL and found some good parking lots to check these bad boys out during out last snow fall. In about 6 inches they were tight. My STi had Azenis and those too were great. I suggest Falken to anyone looking for a good tire.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

i was wondering about those tires, i made a post on them about a month ago and no one gave any reviews so i bought PS2's but havent mounted them yet.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

That place that you bought your tires from charges waaaay too much. I checked the site up against tirerack and they were about $100 more per tire on a Bridgestone RE 050A Pole Positions.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

anyone else with these tires? if so, how do you like them? my car doesnt see the track but i want a good tire for the street. as of right now i am trying to decide between the falken fk-452 and the bfgoodrich g-force sport. your thoughts?

Last edited by evo150; Feb 10, 2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo150
anyone else with these tires? if so, how do you like them? my car doesnt see the track but i want a good tire for the street. as of right now i am trying to decide between the falken fk-452 and the bfgoodrich g-force sport. your thoughts?
I ve used FK 452,s FK 451's ( several sets ) and Yokohama ES-100 s. The FK 451's are actually a nice stable autox tire for street classes. Not quite a grippy as the RT-615's but very close. The 452's are a little quieter ( Fk 451 rumbled a bit ) and supposedly have more stick in the dry. The ES-100 are comparably priced and are very close to the 452's in performance. I currently have these on my EVO in 245-45-17 on the stock MR BBs's. Ride very quiet but stick as well as the stock advans IMHO. Just load them up gradually and they will reward you by sticking better than you'd believe. I know the 451's are being phased out now so you may get a better deal on them.

If you autocross any of these, take a water tank and spray them down after each run. I actually raised a few blisters on one set of FK451 doing some very hard driving in 98 degree weather here in Atlanta, and did not spray ...so watch it.

Milburn
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

I love them, I also have them at 245/45/17. They are great street tires, ride is smooth and quiet, but they have great grip and treadwear is at 300 I think, so they should last. Overall I am very happy and they are decently priced.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

are these summer tires? or all season tires?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

summer tires. Currently run these. Not as good as the a046 advans as they seem to flex a bit more. A buddy who owns a VIP shop runs those tires on their cars because they can stretch them easily(i.e. softer sidewalls). With that said they are great daily tires with some good grip for what they are designed.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 09:57 AM
Account Disabled

nice work man. yea im looking to get new tires this spring i figured it would be better to wait for it to stop snowing here before i pay for them
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:50 AM

I had 452 and 512 on a previous project car and I was never happy. They understeered like crazy. You can even begin to compare a046. Now I run proxes 4 but my next tire will be 615 for sure.