Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

billstein struts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
billstein struts

well the time has come to revalve my billsteins and get them powder coated as well !!

wat i was wondering was how long is the turn around process for billstein to rebuild the struts ??

shud i just get it revalved to stock settings or to the settings of my swift spec rs ???

does anyone on here know roughly how much it costs to rebuild all 4 struts from billstein ??

and wat the specs r for the swift spec r springs if i want the struts revalved to the specs of the swift ??

anyyy help wud be great !
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:09 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rebuilding is about $75 each shock, not including the repainting. Turnaround is about 2-3 weeks iirc. For the Swifts, I would just ask them for the HD spec if you want to change it.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
That ^ and give Bilstein the max rates on the Swift Spec Rs. They will do the reset of the math from there.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by dinok
well the time has come to revalve my billsteins and get them powder coated as well !!

wat i was wondering was how long is the turn around process for billstein to rebuild the struts ??

shud i just get it revalved to stock settings or to the settings of my swift spec rs ???

does anyone on here know roughly how much it costs to rebuild all 4 struts from billstein ??

and wat the specs r for the swift spec r springs if i want the struts revalved to the specs of the swift ??

anyyy help wud be great !
I bought a used set of MR Bilsteins last month and had them shipped to Bilstein for revalving. They got there on 8/29 and they should be on my doorstep today . You might as well get them revalved to your springs, as its basically free to do. They charge you for rebuilding them and while they're taking them apart, they can revalve them to whatever you like. Pricing is $75 per strut and $65 a shock, barring nothing being broken. Hope that helps
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

I just send my new HDs to Bilstein for revalving for Spec Rs and for autocross use. They said it would take two weeks. The cost would be $75 per strut and $65 per shock, but there would also be an hourly charge for the custom re-valving for the autocross specification to get the dyno curves right. They couldn't say exactly how many extra hours it would take . We'll see.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fantrman
I just send my new HDs to Bilstein for revalving for Spec Rs and for autocross use. They said it would take two weeks. The cost would be $75 per strut and $65 per shock, but there would also be an hourly charge for the custom re-valving for the autocross specification to get the dyno curves right. They couldn't say exactly how many extra hours it would take . We'll see.
how did you come up with the, "auto cross specs"? I'd like to get mine setup for rallycross.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Subi.convert
how did you come up with the, "auto cross specs"? I'd like to get mine setup for rallycross.
I requested 65% critical damping at low speeds with a sharply digressive knee above 3"/sec. I also made it clear to them to maximize for autocross use and ride comfort was not my primary concern.