Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Te37 fitment question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 03:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Te37 fitment question

So i looked around the forums and saw that i can fit my 18x9.5 +22 te37's with little work. Im still trying to keep my car somewhat low because it gives it that aggressive stance. Rather than rolling +pulling my front fenders i was wondering if anyone has the Seibon +10mm carbon fiber fenders and could tell me if ill be good with those. I was also wondering how exactly to fit them in the rear. Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2017, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

fronts won't rub, the rears will so you have to roll and pull the back
Old Feb 7, 2017, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
fronts won't rub, the rears will so you have to roll and pull the back
About how far back would i have to move the bumper? Im running a usdm one as of now but im ordering a jdm one soon but the 2 month delivery sucks and i want to get these wheels on. Would there be a difference between bumpers?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 04:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by C0dyix
About how far back would i have to move the bumper? Im running a usdm one as of now but im ordering a jdm one soon but the 2 month delivery sucks and i want to get these wheels on. Would there be a difference between bumpers?
The bumper cover itself doesnt move other than the bumper bolt location needs to be moved further to the rear (I have a pic of it if needed)

The rear steel fender will need a bit of a pull. Pulling the rear is not for the faint of heart as it usually leaves a bit of an impression (slight wrinkle). Heres a pic of my track set-up showing the clearance needed (the rear is pulled & at certain angles (in person) you can see the wrinkle)

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Feb 7, 2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
The bumper cover itself doesnt move other than the bumper bolt location needs to be moved further to the rear (I have a pic of it if needed)

The rear steel fender will need a bit of a pull. Pulling the rear is not for the faint of heart as it usually leaves a bit of an impression (slight wrinkle). Heres a pic of my track set-up showing the clearance needed (the rear is pulled & at certain angles (in person) you can see the wrinkle)

i really appreciate the feedback man but im not trying to go nearly as low as you are since these ny roads suck. Is it possible that i wont have to pull the rear fender?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 06:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i really appreciate the feedback man but im not trying to go nearly as low as you are since these ny roads suck. Is it possible that i wont have to pull the rear fender?
You are not reading the pic correctly. The strut was removed so we could check the fender to tire clearance. This is the only way to ensure proper fitment
Old Feb 8, 2017, 03:24 AM
Evolving Member

You are not reading the pic correctly. The strut was removed so we could check the fender to tire clearance. This is the only way to ensure proper fitment
**** haha. Might just have to sell the te's because im not looking to pull the rear
Old Feb 8, 2017, 06:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

**** haha. Might just have to sell the te's because im not looking to pull the rear
Well, there are 2 schools of thought

My example above, shows a true function set-up, capable of handling the track & the rough roads of NY

There is also the stance / form school of thought that would say, you can keep the +22 & put a very tight rear fender roll & add over 2 degrees of negative camber. Run a stretched tire & you might be Ok to a point. There may still be some rub on big compression dips
Old Feb 8, 2017, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Well, there are 2 schools of thought

My example above, shows a true function set-up, capable of handling the track & the rough roads of NY

There is also the stance / form school of thought that would say, you can keep the +22 & put a very tight rear fender roll & add over 2 degrees of negative camber. Run a stretched tire & you might be Ok to a point. There may still be some rub on big compression dips
i dont really plan on tracking the car and i was leaning towards the -2 rear camber and a little stretch because its simple. And while im at it i may as well run new coilovers. I really appreciate the feedback and help
Old Feb 18, 2017, 04:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Going to rub a bit then, I have carbon fiber front fenders on my evo and they fit ok but you need to run a low profile wheel to not rub there or the rear. 255 35 18 ish and you can possibly be ok. im running 265 35 18 and its not horrible but it happens