Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

9 speakers?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9 speakers?

Sorry if this is retarded but i thought it was a 7 speaker system with the RF but now i am reading 9. is there tweeters in the back as well?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
auto makers always get people when they say the number of speakers in the car. what you have is one set of components in the front (they count that as 4 "speakers"), one set of coaxials in the rear doors (yes, they also count these as 4 speakers too for some reason), and one sub in the trunk, giving you 9. the system is terrible sounding compared to what you are able to add/replace into it.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
auto makers always get people when they say the number of speakers in the car. what you have is one set of components in the front (they count that as 4 "speakers"), one set of coaxials in the rear doors (yes, they also count these as 4 speakers too for some reason), and one sub in the trunk, giving you 9. the system is terrible sounding compared to what you are able to add/replace into it.
yeah just found my led flashlight and went out there to look and when i saw coaxials in the back i was like NO F'N WAY MITSU that is ONE speaker!! HAHA anyways I am about to replace them.

I am normally a JL guy but I think i am going to try infiniti kappa 6 1/2 and infiniti perfect 6.1 for the front. ran by my JL 300/4
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

^goodluck. you'll probably have to cut the triangular shape out since the magnet on the kappas is large. on my speakers i also needed 1/2" spacers as to not hit the magnet with the window when it rolls down.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
^goodluck. you'll probably have to cut the triangular shape out since the magnet on the kappas is large. on my speakers i also needed 1/2" spacers as to not hit the magnet with the window when it rolls down.
was going to cut the stock speakers and use its ring as a spacer. Do you think that will work?

kappas 2 5/16
perfects 2 5/8

that is what the top-depth shows and our cars depth is 3. Figure i will use the stock speaker ring as a spacer anyways and I should be good?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

too many speakers = too much extra weight = overkilling performance LOL
I'm glad my SE has no premium sound My Premium RA did NOT sound that good with RF 9 speakers anyway, almost the same as SE's except the sound volume LOL I'd enjoy the music with my Pioneer 7.1 1200W home theater
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by odin
too many speakers = too much extra weight = overkilling performance LOL
I'm glad my SE has no premium sound My Premium RA did NOT sound that good with RF 9 speakers anyway, almost the same as SE's except the sound volume LOL I'd enjoy the music with my Pioneer 7.1 1200W home theater
If you're worried that much about weight just take out the damn spare tire.

Also to add to the authors comment, yes you will have to cut the hole bigger. You can come to my shop and I can do it for you if you want. I'm a pro installer

I should've made a how-to on that but I didn't. Can't have everyone with an evo installing their speakers can we? Gotta keep my job somehow