Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

HELP! Radiator fan replacements

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Radiator fan replacements

Hey guys, so like the title states I need help finding some new radiator rans ASAP! I am running the AMS SRI with a GFB bov which is obviously bigger than the stock one and the top bov tube on the intake somehow moved forward while I had my A/C and rad. fans running and the bov went right into the right fan (looking at the front of the car from outside) and basically took out two and a half fan blades. Now when I run the ac, switch maps, or if the fans turn on to cool the engine it shakes/vibrates the entire radiator setup and hoses and is fairly loud. I readjusted the intake so now there is no way that the bov will hit the fans again but this is driving me crazy. With the summer months here I need to replace the fans immediately, has anyone here replaced the stock fans before? I'm running the stock radiator and it's still in good condition thankfully but I just want a fan/fans that will bolt right up like stock. I've searched the forums/web for fans and have found some but they either say universal fit or nothing at all. Thank you very much input guys it is greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry, just realized this was the X forum...
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Mitsubishi if you don't want to upgrade

Or

Mishimoto fans, might as well do the radiator and hoses too.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:49 PM

research the CFM of the OEM fans compared to aftermarket fans, The cfm of the fans is what will give you the cooling power needed. In a road race car this is HUGE!!

In am in Texas and running my car in the Texas heat the factory fans/radiator simply to not have the cooling power after a 30 min session. Just my thoughts.

Ryan
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:30 PM

Ya exactly I spend a couple months in AZ throughout the summer and your spot on the stock rad. and fans just can't handle it. Have you replaced/upgraded yours rtspehe? Ive come across a pretty good deal on a mishimoto radiator fan shroud specifically for the Evo x but i can't tell if it actually comes with the fans or not but the description makes it sounds like it does but doesn't specifically say and the vendor hasn't gotten back to me yet. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the fans?