AYC Pump: Covered Under Powertrain Warranty? - evolutionm.net
evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2012 Evolution X GSR

AYC Pump: Covered Under Powertrain Warranty?

Hi guys, I've searched and found many conflicting answers on this. Some state this part only adheres to the 36K bumper-to-bumper Warranty where others have had it serviced under the 60K Powertrain Warranty (which would make sense).

Does someone have a definitive answer to this regarding where the AYC Pump falls into regarding warranty coverage? The mere expense of the part and overall repair is staggering. Basing this off a stock car of course. Appreciate any input

Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

Drives: women away

theBIGgun69
I think mine may be going out, I have an appt next week at the dealer and have 43k miles. If it is the cause of my problems I'll find out if it's covered and post up results. I'm with you though, I've heard mixed results from people, although a majority of them have been denied...

PM me about local meets in the MD/DC/NOVA area. Trying to get some peeps together for regular meets during the upcoming car season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smike View Post
I'm strangely ok with it. They ate the meat. Not really interested if they ****ed it before eating it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomniac View Post
What happened is there? There was an incredibly powerful crystal governed by celestial beings. One group of beings got too greedy, and the the crystal splintered a small purple shard. The celestial beings were split apart into their two inner sides. One was bad, and one was good. New off topic is the good, uninteresting side, and TBR is the bad, power hungry side. Until a Gelfling comes along and fulfills the prophecy, Evom will be locked in turmoil.

The end.

Old Apr 12, 2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshilto89 View Post
I think mine may be going out, I have an appt next week at the dealer and have 43k miles. If it is the cause of my problems I'll find out if it's covered and post up results. I'm with you though, I've heard mixed results from people, although a majority of them have been denied...
Thanks man, definitely keep us posted and I hope they cover the part. How this couldn't be considered within the powertrain warranty is beyond me. I figured some Evo pro's or long time members would have chimed in on this by now with an answer.

Old Apr 16, 2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2013 WW Evo X GSR

How do you know its going bad?

Old Apr 16, 2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Evolved Member
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

theBIGgun69
Well this is what mine is doing
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-e...wc-system.html
I have an Appt with the dealer in the morning. If it is indeed the AYC/ACD pump, then I'll see what the dealer says and go from there. I'll keep you guys updated.

PM me about local meets in the MD/DC/NOVA area. Trying to get some peeps together for regular meets during the upcoming car season.
Quote:
I'm strangely ok with it. They ate the meat. Not really interested if they ****ed it before eating it.
Quote:
What happened is there? There was an incredibly powerful crystal governed by celestial beings. One group of beings got too greedy, and the the crystal splintered a small purple shard. The celestial beings were split apart into their two inner sides. One was bad, and one was good. New off topic is the good, uninteresting side, and TBR is the bad, power hungry side. Until a Gelfling comes along and fulfills the prophecy, Evom will be locked in turmoil.

The end.

Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Well this is what mine is doing
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-e...wc-system.html
I have an Appt with the dealer in the morning. If it is indeed the AYC/ACD pump, then I'll see what the dealer says and go from there. I'll keep you guys updated.
I hope whatever is wrong it is covered for you man. It will be nice to get an up to date and decisive answer on this as well. Even if it's not the AYC pump, could you ask your service manager if this part is covered under the 60k Powertrain warranty? Again, I hope they take care of you.

I'll check with my dealer next week as well, I'm about due for my 15K service.

Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Evolved Member
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

theBIGgun69
I hope like hell it is. I don't have $2500 in cash to just hand over. I bought my car used with 38k miles on it exactly 3 months ago today, and I'm already having issues. I wonder if maybe they can flash the ecu or something.

Quote:
Quote:

The end.

Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:46 PM   #8
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 2008 EVO GSR

its covered under 3/36k

Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:48 PM   #9

i work right next to RT46 Mitsu and work for the same owner

Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:14 PM   #10
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezrexer View Post
i work right next to RT46 Mitsu and work for the same owner
Yikes, why in the world is this part not in the 60K Powertrain coverage? Mitsu strikes again...

Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:17 PM   #11
Evolved Member
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

theBIGgun69
If its not going to be covered under warranty I'm going to s*** a brick. 8 hours and counting until the dealer attempts to bend me over the desk.....

Quote:
Quote:

The end.

Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:20 PM   #12
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
I hope like hell it is. I don't have $2500 in cash to just hand over. I bought my car used with 38k miles on it exactly 3 months ago today, and I'm already having issues. I wonder if maybe they can flash the ecu or something.
Who does these days!? The cost of this pump replacement is what some pay for a short block, this is ridiculous.

Hope whatever is troubling your car is covered bud. That would not be the way to start off a relatively new car purchase. Keep us updated!!

Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:17 PM   #13

i had my pump replaced under a aftermarket warranty... they took pics of my car and i had the mitsu dealer next door do it since i trust the techs. after a day of them reviewing my car they paid the 2100 to fix it, (my price for the pump is 1500)

Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:30 PM   #14
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezrexer View Post
i had my pump replaced under a aftermarket warranty... they took pics of my car and i had the mitsu dealer next door do it since i trust the techs. after a day of them reviewing my car they paid the 2100 to fix it, (my price for the pump is 1500)
What warranty service do you use? I know a lot of those 3rd party guys are a nightmare to claim anything with. And just curious, how much did you pay for it? Thanks bro!

Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:30 PM   #15

dont recall the name, but they did try to deny my claim, on the web i read they deny all claims, but i guess since im a tech, they couldnt find anything to blame it on.

Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:30 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement