Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

First oil change at dealership = conventional oil

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing people still go to Mitsu dealers. First time I wen to my dealer for some work they didn't torque down the wheel studs and lost one a day later. Needless to say I have never been back to mitsu dealer. They can stay the hell away from my car. put some Mobile 1 full synthetic in there and be done with dealerships. My 2 cents.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude get that **** outta your car!! I have a 2013 gsr and in my car manual it says. Use synthetic for better engine and turbocharger performance!! Check it out. It's in the box in bold black letters in the matinence section.. Dealers are just super cheap!!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:22 PM

The regular oil is the best way to seat the rings then go to syn. oil about 10,000 mi. That is a known fact. Do some home work on that subject. I had this talk with a good source when I got my car. He said my 2011 had syn. Told me to drain the oil, then put regular oil in. Them go back to syn in 10,000 mi. Dont worry you are better off with regular oil now.This is a known fact for years. Don't listen to these guys with out doing your home work first.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Use conventional oils and be ready to toast your turbos in no time.

Do me a favor and educate yourself on conventional oil vs synthetic oil.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by btack
Dude get that **** outta your car!! I have a 2013 gsr and in my car manual it says. Use synthetic for better engine and turbocharger performance!! Check it out. It's in the box in bold black letters in the matinence section.. Dealers are just super cheap!!
+1

They did the same crap to me, told me it came from the factory with conventional oil.
Contacted mma to get an email, telling me NOT TO USE CONVENTIONAL OIL.

Big shocker, I dumped the regular oil ASAP.

Only conventional in the turbo, only a idiot or a bad mitsubishi dealer would push regular oil.

Might as well run regular gas also.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by ToMinLA
The regular oil is the best way to seat the rings then go to syn. oil about 10,000 mi. That is a known fact. Do some home work on that subject. I had this talk with a good source when I got my car. He said my 2011 had syn. Told me to drain the oil, then put regular oil in. Them go back to syn in 10,000 mi. Dont worry you are better off with regular oil now.This is a known fact for years. Don't listen to these guys with out doing your home work first.
That's not exactly the same thing. Your great "source" was wrong. When an engine is built, most people run conventional oil first to break it in, yes.. But it is not the same with an engine from the factory. Mitsu puts Mobil 1 synthetic in it from the factory for a reason.. The engine is constructed and machined and designed to run synthetic.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by apagan01
Use conventional oils and be ready to toast your turbos in no time.
FYI to all the above statement is just plain utter BS.

I run syns always have, however to post the above is just ****ing retarded. When will the scare tactic BS end. Friggin sick of it.

Turbos aren't some new thing you realize this right. There are many 200k+ mile turbo cars that have never seen a drop of syn in their lives. Hell my buddy's old RSX never seen a drop of syn and he put 50-60k on that 35r before he sold it.

Unbelievable

SMH
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
That's not exactly the same thing. Your great "source" was wrong. When an engine is built, most people run conventional oil first to break it in, yes.. But it is not the same with an engine from the factory. Mitsu puts Mobil 1 synthetic in it from the factory for a reason.. The engine is constructed and machined and designed to run synthetic.
I was confirmed this from the head guy at Mitsubishi. Can't say any name, but this was always a rule for yrs.

Last edited by Iowa999; Apr 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was confirmed this from the head guy at Mitsubishi. Can't say any name, but this was always a rule for yrs.
You tell us that you got it from "the head guy at Mitsu" but won't tell us his name. But the name of "the head guy at Mitsu" is public (and can be googled in five seconds). From this I draw an unflattering conclusion about you. Can't say what it is. But it's the same conclusion I've always drawn from this kind of thing for yrs.

tee hee
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This thread is funny... it's not like they put kitchen oil in the car...
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Note to radical feminists: this post contain "triggers."

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
This thread is funny... it's not like they put kitchen oil in the car...
Wait. Now I'm really confused. I was told that I was only supposed to have something called "extra virgin" in my car, so I started parking in front of the local elementary school, playing Justin Beiber songs at high volume. Are you now saying that I misinterpreted something? If so, I'm really annoyed and if I survive the 8-12 years that I was (rightfully) sentenced to, I'm going to punch someone in the snoot when I get out.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys just an update, I changed out the oil today to Mobil 1 Full synthetic. Couldn't stand the feeling of having that conventional oil in there, had to get it out of there ASAP. I'm not sure if it's psychological or not but I thought the car was pulling a bit harder while going WOT in 2nd-3rd after changing to the synthetic.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Yes I know that "This WAS a rule for YEARS".. So lets just leave old technology as the pedestal for all things to come.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WW13X
Hey guys just an update, I changed out the oil today to Mobil 1 Full synthetic. Couldn't stand the feeling of having that conventional oil in there, had to get it out of there ASAP. I'm not sure if it's psychological or not but I thought the car was pulling a bit harder while going WOT in 2nd-3rd after changing to the synthetic.
It's possible, it's a fact that synthetic will also give you better fuel economy.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WW13X
Take this home and read on.

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/...-synthetic-oil

Quick Reply: First oil change at dealership = conventional oil