Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: Install Factory Bluetooth into Evo X GSR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to antics22! I think those prices are about right, I ordered them already. This will be the first mod for many, including me. Just one question. How does the new center console AWC switch operate to change from Tarmac, Snow and Gravel?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 01:04 PM

Great writeup! I'll consider this if I ever get a bluetooth phone.

You said you have to get the dealer to reprogram to the car if you add bluetooth? Will they just do this if you ask? Does it cost something? Will they do it and then delete your warranty immediately?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by mikebutler
Great writeup! I'll consider this if I ever get a bluetooth phone.

You said you have to get the dealer to reprogram to the car if you add bluetooth? Will they just do this if you ask? Does it cost something? Will they do it and then delete your warranty immediately?
I spoke with the shop manager, He said he can turn it on, but can't install it due to steering wheel modification (cut-outs not factory) this was from the design group, but everything else is factory parts. So as long as you do not fry so wires, you are ok. He ordered all the parts I would need at shop costs, due to I am waiting on my leather seats.

jacksontw60
PS. Antic22 they were very impressed with your work, and troubleshooting skills. He sent a copy of your thread to the design group. I think they knew it would work, but wanted to sale it on the MR Package.
Again, Great Job.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 30birdy
Kudos to antics22! I think those prices are about right, I ordered them already. This will be the first mod for many, including me. Just one question. How does the new center console AWC switch operate to change from Tarmac, Snow and Gravel?
JUst push the button and it cycles thru the list Tarmac, Gravel, Snow. you cant go up and down like with the switch.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that was an awesome write up, we do bluetooth stuff for cars @ verizon where thats what I do all day and thats pretty well written!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you know whether or not you have to have the mod to use this? I know that base lancers have bluetooth with no nav. Thats why I'm asking.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, this is really impressive. I don't think I could trust myself to do this. Somehow me and dremmels don't get along!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by mksevo
Very nice job, with the write up and Pics. I not big on the Bluetooth but I may move the AWC switch just to have the radio control on the steering wheel.

Thanks
+1 Thanks for the great writeup
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

nice tutorial
i think this is where many ppl wish this kind of feature was stock haha
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mksevo
JUst push the button and it cycles thru the list Tarmac, Gravel, Snow. you cant go up and down like with the switch.
Thanks. That is the only part I am waiting on now. Not really ready to hack up the steering wheel. I wish I had a template before I start with the dremel.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by 30birdy
Thanks. That is the only part I am waiting on now. Not really ready to hack up the steering wheel. I wish I had a template before I start with the dremel.
like a metal template or an outline on where to cut? he mentioned that it was outlined on the cover.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

so basically how much we talking for dealer installation haha
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:55 AM

Amazing write-up, this is one of the features I was wanting from the MR. Outstanding!

I wonder how complicated it would be to route the AWC switch to the blank next to the headlight leveler... I kind of like the lil storage cup in the center console

Last edited by synthtk; Mar 5, 2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by synthtk
Amazing write-up, this is one of the features I was wanting from the MR. Outstanding!

I wonder how complicated it would be to route the AWC switch to the blank next to the headlight leveler... I kind of like the lil storage cup in the center console
I would think you could just extend the harness and route it to the dash location. There is already a hole with a filler plug. That is for the rear fog light switch on European vehicles. I don't know if the new AWC swich could snap in place there. I might try this when all my parts get here. I like the coin tray too.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not interested in the Bluetooth module, but I would love to have audio controls on the steering wheel. It looks like it wouldn't require any steering wheel modification, but would the car have to be programed by the dealership like it does for the Bluetooth module?

Great write-up.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Install Factory Bluetooth into Evo X GSR