Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Hid upgrade for SSS question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hid upgrade for SSS question

Hey guys, I've searched the forums and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Most questions with Hid's pertain to non SSS Evos. I also looked for the Request Subforum but only saw the one for the older evos and ralliart.

I have a 2014 SSS Evo, which I am looking to upgrade the Hid's on.

I've never done a hid swap on a car with oem Hid's, is it the same process as non hid cars? Do I just order the D2S kit with the ballasts and plug and play, or do I just need to order the Hid bulbs (no ballast) or am I missing something?

Thanks guys, below is the link to the kit I'm looking into if that helps at all.

http://ddmtuning.com/Products/DDMPlusCanbus35W
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
The factory bulbs are 35w bulbs so you wouldn't be upgrading anything with that kit. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you're just looking to lower your visible light output for that cool-kid blue color, you only need to buy a D2S bulb set. The factory bulbs are 4300K bulbs, for reference.
The following users liked this post:
Ducky077 (Oct 12, 2016)
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's not exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, but am willing to accept losing a bit of light output for a different hue. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the cool kid comment but yeah I think it looks cool. I also think this 410WHP X is pulling it off too, and looks great.

Thank you for your help man, I really do appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails Hid upgrade for SSS question-_20161012_230923.jpg  
Old Oct 13, 2016, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
It just means I'm an old curmudgeon who disapproves of decreased safety in the name of looking cool.

Yeah, just get different D2S bulbs and you're all set. Unless you want to replace them in a couple months, go Koito, Philips or OSRAM for the bulb.