Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Lower springs, Spec R's.. Very new to suspension topics. help?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Lower springs, Spec R's.. Very new to suspension topics. help?

I have bought a set of XXR 527 18x9.75 [+20mm] and i noticed the huge wheel gap on my evo. I don't know anything when it comes to suspension. after viewing the XXR thread i noticed a lot of people are getting Spec R sport springs. Are these good comfortable springs? I do not track my car. I just want it lowered to reduce that wheel gap and drop the car to look more flush.

my question is.. Is the spec r's springs good? Will they do a decent drop but not extremely low? Are their different spec springs? If so, what are the springs and what are the differences? I hear their are spec r springs or spec r sport springs. idk which one i should get. I will be using the stock setup and just using the springs on them.

Any advice would help considering idk wtf i am doing here.. i just hate how high that gap is and the car is.

Thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There are Swift Sport and Spec-R. You want the Spec-R. It is a moderate drop. If you are looking for a more aggressive drop on stock dampers, look at the H&R springs. Personally, I run the Spec-R. I have a GSR, so I ran them on 25k-ish mile od KYB dampers, and recently swapped to MR Bilsteins (1500 ish miles on them), and with the Bilsteins, I am much happier with the ride daily.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rico05
There are Swift Sport and Spec-R. You want the Spec-R. It is a moderate drop. If you are looking for a more aggressive drop on stock dampers, look at the H&R springs. Personally, I run the Spec-R. I have a GSR, so I ran them on 25k-ish mile od KYB dampers, and recently swapped to MR Bilsteins (1500 ish miles on them), and with the Bilsteins, I am much happier with the ride daily.
Rico speaks the truth. I have ran H&Rs Swift Sports AND the Swift Spec-Rs which are currently on the Evo GSR. They are coming off in 2 days for coil overs. Swift Spec Rs are the best IMHO
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the spec-r's for about a year before i switched out to my AST coils. The spec-r's are among the best springs you can get in terms of performance. They drop the car to about a 2 finger gap on all corners.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nagua
Rico speaks the truth. I have ran H&Rs Swift Sports AND the Swift Spec-Rs which are currently on the Evo GSR. They are coming off in 2 days for coil overs. Swift Spec Rs are the best IMHO
Hey are you planning on selling those spec r
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Is thwirt anything in the middle? I'm looking for a good drop but not slammed. People who own spec r's are telling me to go h&r springs. True?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Would it be easier to do adjustable coils? I'm not sure which ones to pick though..