Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Keep revalved Bilsteins or go for Fortune Auto 500?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep revalved Bilsteins or go for Fortune Auto 500?

hey, guys,
I have a set of re-valved bilsteins( track valving for swift spec r ) sitting in my garage for a couple months now.
I finally decided to put them on this weekend.

I have always kept asking myself a question in the past few months.
should I skip bilsteins and go for FA 500?

I know FA 500 is one of those cheap coil-overs, but FA seems to offer so much for the money.
You can get a coils with custom valving, springs, rebuildable in USA with a fast turn around time.

I think one of the reason that they are cheap is probably because they are a company located in USA, which probably doesn't mean their products are crap.

I have been reading threads about FA coilovers and revalved bilsteins. Not a lot of them really speak much about track performance.

My evo is my DD and 2-4 events/year but I really don't care about ride quality since 95% of the time, I am riding the car alone. I really just want to get things done right the first time without upgrading an upgrade later on.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by yifuqiao; May 22, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old May 23, 2015, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

+1 I'm giving the Fortunes a try. Haven't read one real world complaint, and seem to be a real value versus the Teins and BCs types. If anything you'd be able to sell or trade for a set a Bilsteins. Also I don't think Bilstein are offer the revalving service anymore.
Old May 24, 2015, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by yifuqiao
hey, guys,
I have a set of re-valved bilsteins( track valving for swift spec r ) sitting in my garage for a couple months now.
I finally decided to put them on this weekend.

I have always kept asking myself a question in the past few months.
should I skip bilsteins and go for FA 500?

I know FA 500 is one of those cheap coil-overs, but FA seems to offer so much for the money.
You can get a coils with custom valving, springs, rebuildable in USA with a fast turn around time.

I think one of the reason that they are cheap is probably because they are a company located in USA, which probably doesn't mean their products are crap.

I have been reading threads about FA coilovers and revalved bilsteins. Not a lot of them really speak much about track performance.

My evo is my DD and 2-4 events/year but I really don't care about ride quality since 95% of the time, I am riding the car alone. I really just want to get things done right the first time without upgrading an upgrade later on.

So what do you guys think?
Ugh, if only I could have gotten my hands on some revalved bilsteins before I sold my GSR