Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Erratic TPS ( with data log)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Erratic TPS ( with data log)

good day can someone help me out i have been getting the DTC P0122 lately on a 2 yr old TPS, last i checked it was set at 13.333% and never touched it when i dialed it in last year, however i have been getting the P0122 on random lately so i decided to check the tps value thru evo scan, upon checking i was surprised that it read around 4.0% without anyone physically messing with the tps adjustement.

So i decided to re adjust the tps and fully adjusting the tps all the way up, the max reading would only be at 7.45% which seemed strange. so i decided to log my car and drive it around and upon reaching a stop light the idle suddenly went up and stayed stuck at 2000rpm and it just there until i drove back and turned off the engine.

i have attached my log hoping someone would be able to interpret it for me as i am at a loss it seems that the tps is acting strange although it is a farily new sensor as i have had the same issue with my old tps wherein i would constantly get the P0122 code on random could there be something else that is causing my tps to act erratic.

thanks for the help.
Attached Files