Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

AEM CD7 digital dash display

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
AEM CD7 digital dash display

R34 GTR with the CD7 (don't worry the customer decided to keep the OEM display and mount the CD7 lower

I also got a little seat time in my E30 with the CD5 dash (wait until the end you get an in car shot of dash while doing a little skid)

The CD7 AEM digital dashboard is finally available, product release details: AEM CD7 Dash release.
Update, CD5 also available now**

So I'm sure there are a lot of you just like myself that have patiently waiting for AEM to release some type of affordable dash display that works with the AEM CANbus found on the new Infinity. Well just about a month ago we got the CANbus gauge, nothing to fancy but works GREAT for the price! (VERY similar user interface to the old serial gauges).

While the new CANbus gauges are a great option I was really looking for a nice complete dashboard option. Well they finally released the CD7 series dash kits with a solution for just about every application. With the basic dash kit starting at under 1300 bucks and options for OBDII support, vehicle dynamics module and much more all at an affordable price point I couldn’t be more ready to get my new dash for my Infinity powered cars (s13, vr4, roadster). Hell I will even just be starting with 1 dash I move between the cars depending on which one I’m driving. Thanks to the CANbus this is actually very easy to simply un plug from 1 car and move to another without having to do any extra wiring.
I personally have my eyes on the CD7 Digital dash kit to match up with the Infinity ***update, ended up getting a CD5 dash as the smaller 5" size was a better fit for the car. Loving the dash so far and will be posting up some custom designs i've been working on to best support the little SR20 this dash is monitoring.

Copy/paste of the CD7 and CD7-L product description:

The CD7 Digital Dash has been encased in a water resistant aluminum enclosure. The LCD display is fully readable even in direct sunlight. This means that no matter where you race, you’ll know your digital dash won’t get damaged and you will always be able to clearly view the display without fighting glare. Both versions of the dash have 6 user configurable pages and the layouts on every page are 100% customizable to your needs. To make customization simple AEM has developed an easy to use Dash Design software to make adding graphic or custom text very straightforward. Another key feature are the fully configurable warnings, to ensure you catch any problem/failure before catastrophic damage to engine components occurs. Besides the LCD the CD7 uses programmable LED shift and warning lights with adjustable brightness for day and night time driving. The dash kits also have 2x user definable CANbus inputs so you can feed data to the dash from any third party logger system as well as your engine management system. To expand even further by adding the AEM Vehicle Dynamics Module (PN 30-2203) to the digital dash you get the ability to add GPS Speed, accelerometer, gyrometer, and track mapping for live lap and sector time updates. The CD7 dash kits are truly the ultimate display and logging tool to making sure you're pushing it as hard as possible around the track! Internal data logging support with all CD7-L dash kits, the CD7-L features a built in data logger. With the CD7-L you get the added ability to data log all channels being sent to the dash at a rate of 100hz with a 200mb internal storage. That means you'll be able to data log over 100 channels without any degradation to the data.”

Last edited by tunermt; Jan 27, 2022 at 07:18 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

some better examples of just a few of the fully customizable display options

aem cd7 dash kit

AEM CD7 dashboard
Old Jan 10, 2017, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
dont think many will buy this at the price of a good used car.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Shoot this forum is FILLED with people spending well over the ~1100-1800 cost of a cd7 dash on all sorts of other parts, you know your on EVOM right? Home of the 6 figure Evo's!

I agree a dash like this isn't for everyone but neither is building/owning an EVO or dsm.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

Recently got a CD5 installed in one of my toys, loving it so far and damn decent price for a color digital dash!
https://brewedmotors.com/aem-cd5-digital-dash-display
Old Oct 2, 2018, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Old May 17, 2020, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Playing around with a few layouts on this R34 GT-R running on a Plug n Play AEM Infinity package
Old May 19, 2021, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

little seat time in my E30 with the CD5 dash (wait until the end you get an in car shot of dash while doing a little skid)
Old May 19, 2021, 08:50 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I went with the Haltech Ic7 dash and elite 1500 setup for my 8. have a few friends with civics that are switching to infinity setups with the CD5 and CD7 dashes so will be nice to see them in person..
Old Jan 27, 2022, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Haltech option is also great, i leaned towards the CD7 or CD5 because the software allows for a bit more customization. In a perfect world i'd just be using the Motec C125 Dash in my car but the CD5 will do for now

Old Nov 13, 2023, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

These dashes have been out for a while now let’s see those custom layouts everyone has been working on!
Old Dec 3, 2023, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 13, 2023, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

New UC-10 Haltech dash
is looking good and I love the inputs can be used with an elite instead of an IO expansion box. That factor alone really simplifies a lot of packages I have to tune with for setups that use up all the elite 2500 IO.