Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Jake's 06 ES Lancer Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a evo stainless steel clutch line I think? I bought it years ago.
So I don't remember. But I pretty sure it's a evo line. The damn bolt near the firewall was a B**ch to get back on.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

small update:

Car is running 7 psi on the evo wastegate and is fully tuned. I'm debating about upping the boost a little. I still haven't install my omni 4 bar map sensor yet. With my huge intercooler setup I lost a lot more boost than I thought I would. Car pulls VERY nice from 3k rpm up to about 5k. After 5k the engine just doesn't pull as hard, which is normal for a SOHC lancer. I still haven't had a chance to put my car to the test against another though.

On a side note my brother bought a 04 automatic lancer. We may be boosting that. LOL My friend also has a 3g eclipse that he may be boosting so I'm doing some homework on that.

I also have the evo speed density harness and may be going speed density this fall, depending on if I fix my idle. The car still runs lean at idle but my cruise trims are within 3% of LTFT mid. I may have a very small intake or exhaust leak but its not enough to effect my cruise. So when I get a chance I'll search for that little bugger. Overall I'm currently satisfied with my ride.

It is a bit weird, there's another person on the 3g eclipse forums having the same problem as my idle. We can put in any latency value and the trim still maxes out. So I'm hoping he finds a solution to see if it helps me. hehehe
Old Jul 18, 2015, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear all is going well. Any videos yet?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

No videos yet. My gopro battery needs to be replaced. I'll work on getting one going. ��
Old Jul 23, 2015, 08:27 AM
CUT

You can borrow my gopro if the battery hasn't given up I need to get some struts and shocks for the White Mule!!! That sounds like a goot name for the lancer
Old Jul 23, 2015, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds good. I found a evo 8 turbo you should check out as well. Its in the evo 1-9 for sale section.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:30 AM
CUT

I'll take a look. Better get your phone on. Work is boring Was looking at some stuff to get boosted. I might have to take some measurements of your manifold and stuff and might have to take a crack at building my own turbo manifold. **** is too expensive these days Maybe if I get a turbo I can see what I can come up with. Might have to do a little bit of research and see what others have done. I can probly tack it up and if I can get one made then find a tig to burn it in but got to get a turbo first
Old Jul 25, 2015, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

There's a cheap manifold you can buy on ebay it's made from cast iron it will look stock nothing exciting. I'll be using it in my 4g94 build but it's to suit a t28 flange not evo
Old Jul 26, 2015, 05:47 PM
CUT

It will be the cheaper route for me to just make one. My mig welder is setup for stainless so I might go that route, or go the SCH30 or SCH40 route to make it beefy. Jakermeisters stuff is evo 8 so trying to duplicate his. Might do a little smaller intercool than his tho. His is pretty massive, so if I go smaller than I might get boost built a little quicker. Not happening over night tho. It will take me some time to get all the parts and manifold built but it will be fun. Just go my lancer two weeks ago, it was totally unexpected to get one but its just happened.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
my kit took over a year to put together...take your time
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:17 PM

Nice build!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks.

Small update:

So I got a little bored and decided to up the boost. I'm now at 12psi according to my gauge, but my omni 4 bar says I'm at 15-16psi. I think my formula is a little off in evoscan so I'll go by what my gauge says. I think I'll be at 12psi for a while. Overall I'm satisfied with the car and how it pulls. Its a ENTIRELY different car at 12psi!! My wheels can break free in 3rd and I get some crazy torque steer. The lancer pulls super good in 5th gear. Its nice to be able to pass a car...... or 3 cars (darn slow drivers) without having to down shift. I have a little bit of knock I need to get out while not in boost. Mostly while going from 1-3 gear. My tune is nearly perfect during WOT. I do get some knock while letting off the throttle which I think is caused by the bov recirculating. So I'm hoping to go speed density this fall. I need to order some piping first. I managed to pick up a hks ssqv bov from a friend as well. I just need cash for some stainless steel piping now.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
how much knock? it's not your BOV....what is your AFR at WOT and max boost?

does your MAP sensor log in kpa? what is your peak value, and your elevation?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 03:17 PM
CUT

I'll check my GOPRO tonight and can give it to you tomorrow when your down at work if the battery hasn't given up for good. I haven't used it in a couple of months but the last time I charged it before putting it away. I'll call or text you later this evening. Then you can post up the vids for the peeps on here.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

AFR is at 11.5 at peak boost. When I let off the throttle my afr dips into 10 for a split second and that's when I get knock. It can go as high as 10 counts. I'm logging in "psig". My boost peaks at 12psi bit settles on 11 when I stay in boost.

Still having issues with a rich start up. Car runs fine when it's warm. I'm running in full time open loop. Closed loop won't give me enough gas at cruising for some reason. Even when I gas it. I think my maf was sold to me broken.

Quick Reply: Jake's 06 ES Lancer Build