Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Clicking Noise From TPS / Idle Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clicking Noise From TPS / Idle Sensor?

Hey guys.. I recently did my fan swap for my turbo on my 03 lancer, I don't think that would cause this anyways, maybe I never noticed it idk.

Basically, when I turn my car on without starting it, there is an audible clicking noise that comes from what I believe is my throttle position sensor. It is the black thing on the lower part of the throttle body, closer to the firewall, and it has 1 plug in connector going to it. I had my friend turn my car on and off without starting it and I found that it was indeed this part that was clicking (I could feel it).

It only happens for 2-4 seconds, then stops. It also makes the noise when I turn my car off.

I drive an '03 Automatic lancer es.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at the second i bought my car i noticed the same thing, i have asked way to many techs and they said it is normal, so i dont think you have to worry about it, but may be im wrong, also this was like 3 yrs ago and my car still being the same with no problems

Originally Posted by Braydo25
Hey guys.. I recently did my fan swap for my turbo on my 03 lancer, I don't think that would cause this anyways, maybe I never noticed it idk.

Basically, when I turn my car on without starting it, there is an audible clicking noise that comes from what I believe is my throttle position sensor. It is the black thing on the lower part of the throttle body, closer to the firewall, and it has 1 plug in connector going to it. I had my friend turn my car on and off without starting it and I found that it was indeed this part that was clicking (I could feel it).

It only happens for 2-4 seconds, then stops. It also makes the noise when I turn my car off.

I drive an '03 Automatic lancer es.

Any ideas?